Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Editor

CKSedg

Hi all you great gurus of all LOR knowledge! I decided to clean up all my LOR files before I put the computer to bed for the year. I wanted to make some changes, and everything worked until I tried to change my schedule. I changed it and went to save it and got the message "Unable to save schedule." Any ideas? I am running LOR v2.9.4. It all worked fine for the show at Christmastime. The only thing I have done is move it to a different folder. I moved all my sequences and show files, too. Thanks for any help you can give me.

CKSedg wrote:

Hi all you great gurus of all LOR knowledge! I decided to clean up all my LOR files before I put the computer to bed for the year. I wanted to make some changes, and everything worked until I tried to change my schedule. I changed it and went to save it and got the message "Unable to save schedule." Any ideas? I am running LOR v2.9.4. It all worked fine for the show at Christmastime. The only thing I have done is move it to a different folder. I moved all my sequences and show files, too. Thanks for any help you can give me.

It's time to start sequencing, why are you putting it to bed??? Just a shot in the dark, but did you move the sequences and show file before or after you tried to save your new schedule?

The only thing I have done is move it to a different folder.

How did you move it to a different folder?

Without any further information, I'm guessing that perhaps you might have done something like used Windows Explorer to cut your LOR data directory and paste it somewhere else. If that's true, then LOR will still think that it should be writing to the old location. But that old location no longer exists, and so an error occurs.

If my guess for what you've done is correct, then to let LOR know the new location that you want it to save data to, please try the following:

(1) Close all of your running LOR programs, including not just things like the Schedule Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel. The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray; you can close it by right-clicking it and then selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

(2) Using Windows Explorer, open up the directory that contains your LOR program files (such as the Sequence Editor). This is typically, but not always, C:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama.

(3) In that folder, there should be a program called LORPost.exe (although it may show up as just LORPost, depending on how you have Windows set up). Run that program.

(4) It will ask you where you want LOR to keep data. Tell it the directory above your "Sequences" directory. For example, if you want your "Sequences" directory to be "C:\LORData\Sequences", tell it "C:\LORData".