Light-O-Rama Forums

Chase issue while sequencing

Aaron Maue

All,

Just starting to play around with my first sequence and am confused by the behavior of the sequence editor when it comes to the chase tool.

I used the beat wizard to create the timing grid. I can use the on/off tools to turn each cell on and off successfully. I can copy and paste a group of cells successfully.

My problem occurs when I turn one cell on and then try to use the chase tool to chase it through the next few channels.

I've attached a picture to show you my problem. The top 4 rows were created using the on/off tool and cut/paste methods. Each cell is completely filled, from one timing mark to the next. The bottom 4 rows were created by first turning on the upper left cell, then turning on the chase tool and dragging down to the lower right cell. As you can see, there is a gap in the beginning of each "chased" cell.

Is this normal behavior for the tool? Note that each cell is not necessarily of uniform length, in case that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Aaron

Attached files 236620=12908-sequence problem.bmp

The Chase Tool will create "equal" timings between your starting and end points..so they will not necessarily match your timing grid.

EDIT:

I'll also add my original post again...and that is check your SET PASTE MODE setting..it is under EDIT.

Is it set to PASTE BY TIME?

If so, change it to PASTE BY CELL and see if you get the results you think you should get.

jimswinder wrote:

The Chase Tool will create "equal" timings between your starting and end points..so they will not necessarily match your timing grid.

EDIT:

I'll also add my original post again...and that is check your SET PASTE MODE setting..it is under EDIT.

Is it set to PASTE BY TIME?

If so, change it to PASTE BY CELL and see if you get the results you think you should get.

Jim,

It's set to paste by cell and still getting the issue I wrote about. You appear to be spot on re: it creating equal timings between start and end points which means that I'll see this behavior unless I'm using a fixed timing grid. No biggie. Just experimenting with the methodology of the various tools.

Thanks for your help. And thanks for the PM. Luckily, I was too absorbed in beating the software into submission to check your response before you edited it. :P