Light-O-Rama Forums

Alittle Help

Guest guest

I am having a little trouble getting it together. last year i had 32 channels and i was fine. I got everything down fast and show turned out great. Got job offers ect...

This year im at 120 channels and im having issues with being able to see the whole picture. I cant hold them all in my head to decided what to do with them all.

Any suggestions, I have the next week off to get some of this done. I have all my planning done most of my projects done, mapping, current everything but lights out and some programming. Im carrying 4 songs from last year and 6 new. I have them taped out and all started but i start to put it in its place and my mind goes a little here and there.

I took my simple display and broke it up into pieces. A 1 channel roof is now 6, 12 channel trees are now 36, and so forth. For the songs last year i can copy and past but the new songs i want the new effects. Suggestions please.

Or old topic, did a search but nothing, searched under "a lot channels"

I am new to this also, having started this past April. I'm sure others will have ways different than mine, but what has worked most easily for me was to sequence things in groups. For example, everything that is on the house is one group, then mini trees, mega tree, etc. I concentrate on one group until I go through the entire song for that group. Then, I go back and start another group, and so on, until the sequencing is finished.

since i first wrote i hooked my computer to the tv for the first time, nice but not what im looking for.

I guess i'll have to spend the night regrouping things, they got mixed up from the addition and i did a little bu not all of it.

Other suggestions? Thanks a lot Jordan

Here's what's helping me. (This was my wife's idea) We made a big map of the yard on a 4'x4' sheet of lauan plywood. She painted it white, then we painted all the decorations with colored magic markers. We added the decoration name and channel numbers. We use colored push pins for grouping so it easy to change the groups. It only took a couple hours to get it done. It has made it easy for me to keep track of the channels.

Next summer I'm going to re-do the whole thing. I'm going to make little plywood cut-outs of the decorations. Felt on the plywood... Velcro on the back of the cut-outs...

jeff

I thought I was going to start this year with more channels than I ended up with. I've always had a large display, but not animated.

At the beginning of the year, I sat down and synchronized 96 channels. Well, to make a long story short, after abandoning the larger project, and settling on one which I can build, I'm doing 32 this year. BUT, my point is this..

I already know that if I add 16 more channels next year, that controller will be 12 channels on a mega tree, plus three on an animated star, one for mega tree strobe lights.

16 more channels will add on to the 11 mini trees taking the total up to 27.

16 additional channels will be 8 stars and 8 snowflakes.

8 more channels will be fog machine control, two snow machines, and five candy cane channels for the driveway.

So, I guess what I'm saying, is that if you broke down your LOR controllers by function, it may be easier to visualize and synchronize.

When I was planning on 96, I would only program ONE PARTICULAR function (ie: Mega Tree) all the way to the end of the song, then start the piece over again with another function (ie: Snowflakes) etc...

I have it that way but i also have it so my music trees (like AL) are not together there three separate and the mega tree is on the end so the do there thing but they can also run back and forth in the front of the house because there in a line with each other. I took 2 hrs and re organized all 120 channels and switched my songs over again to the new channel configuration. So i will give it another shot. My eyes were going cross.