Light-O-Rama Forums

Adjust Lead-In?

Shanta

I have a downloaded sequence I want to play with, by my version of the song doesn't line up perfectly. Ideally I'd like to be able to make the first cell longer or shorter in order to align the rest of the sequence with the music. When I do, though, the first cell gets wider, the second cell gets narrower, and the rest of the sequence is unchanged. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to trim the song in Audacity? Thanks!

Shanta wrote:

I have a downloaded sequence I want to play with, by my version of the song doesn't line up perfectly. Ideally I'd like to be able to make the first cell longer or shorter in order to align the rest of the sequence with the music. When I do, though, the first cell gets wider, the second cell gets narrower, and the rest of the sequence is unchanged. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to trim the song in Audacity? Thanks!

you can "skew" the song left or right...

don't have LOR at work, but I think it is under EDIT and I think SKEW TRACK??

Not only a quick response, but an accurate one! That's it, does exactly what I needed. I was quite confused as I was following Marty's sequencing tutorial and he adjusted lead-in by adjusting the duration of the first cell and everything after it shifted. When I tried it, it only moved the border between the two cells. I assume this was a new feature in S2. It's nice to see that the old functionality was retained... just gotta know where to look for it! Thanks again!