Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR SOftware Update - Blue Board

Guest guest

I just downloaded the new Blue Board update to my 16 channel controller.

It now reports the version as 4.? (yes the question mark is displayed)

Is this normal?

What new features will this update give us? Any bugs fixed?

I assume the same update will have to be done to my MP3 base 1602 controller too?

Thanks,

Walt

wbaker4 wrote:

Is this normal?

I assume the same update will have to be done to my MP3 base 1602 controller too?

Thanks,

Walt

The same update is reported as version 4.01 on my boards. I'm not entirely sure what the update does, but I think it's for LEDs. There is no need to update the firmware on your other boards unless you're having problems.

contactmike1 wrote:

wbaker4 wrote:

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Walt

The same update is reported as version 4.01 on my boards. I'm not entirely sure what the update does, but I think it's for LEDs. There is no need to update the firmware on your other boards unless you're having problems.

Here is a thread that might help:

http://planetchristmas.mywowbb.com/forum25/7968.html

Michael B

I just updated the firmware on 3 of my 4 boards. Under XP, they show up with the version number.. on my laptop with Win 2k, it shows up as Ver 4.? During the installation, it came up with an error message saying something about an invalid path. (no, I didn't change anything on the original installation.. Everything is in the correct directories. )

BUT the program runs just fine..

So.. why the "4.?"?

You are right Dan.

Apparently after installing the update, the shortcut on my desktop was still referencing the old version.

I used the old version to update my Blue board at that time.

Using the new version of the Control Panel, the software reports as version 4.01 rather than 4.?.

Do I need to reprogram the board using the new version of the Control Panel?

Walt

wbaker4 wrote:

Do I need to reprogram the board using the new version of the Control Panel?

Walt

Walt, no.. you are okay now...

The thing with the "?" is: The previous versions of the hardware utility pulled the version information from a file on your PC. The Card would tell the hardware utility that it was version "99"... The hardware utility would then look into the file and see that "99" is actually version 3.01.... Now starting with version "4" of the controllers they send back their minor version number so the Hardware Utility knows that it is version "4.?" ( version 4 dot something ) but the something part is supplied by the Card.

• 5 weeks later...

LightORama wrote:

The 4.? ... Check the version of the Hardware Utilty that you are using. The latest versions 1.5.6 or higher should not display the ?

I am having this same problem with the 4.?. I updated the firmware on all of my controllers (except the MC-P ones). Most of the controllers show the version as 4.01, but two of the controllers are showing 4.?. I updated the hw utility a while back and now have 1.5.6. What am I doing wrong and will the 4.? effect anything?

ssjp wrote:

I am having this same problem with the 4.?. I updated the firmware on all of my controllers (except the MC-P ones). Most of the controllers show the version as 4.01, but two of the controllers are showing 4.?. I updated the hw utility a while back and now have 1.5.6. What am I doing wrong and will the 4.? effect anything?

There are two files that are updated in a HWU upgrade. One of them is a text file that translates the LOR jargon into the version number. If you've upgraded to the current HWU, and you are still getting 4.? in the status, I would suspect the associated text file. I do not have LOR on this machine to look for the exact name.

James Peachee wrote:

My show computer does not have internet access. Is there a way to download the firmware for my boards and load it onto a cd and use it from there?

thanks,

James

Assuming that you have a computer with Internet access and a CD burner, yes.

Simply save the files to the CD, and then reload them to the computer without internet access.

James Peachee wrote:

My show computer does not have internet access. Is there a way to download the firmware for my boards and load it onto a cd and use it from there?
thanks,
James

On the LOR support Page, right click the appropriate firmware and then select "Save As" and save the file to a computer with internet access. Copy the file to a flash drive or CD, then copy it on the computer you are using for LOR control and save the file to C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaFirmware then run the Hardware Utility and in Step-2, select the file you just copied to the above directory.

Hope this gets you started!

James Peachee wrote:

Thanks Don. Also, are these updates necessary? In other words, will they make a difference for this year since I have all my shows done and everything is good?

thanks again,

James

If you have any LED's in your display, then you really should upgrade. I do not, but took the opportunity to upgrade anyway. (And you can see why about 1:40 or so into my 2005 Coca-Cola Sequence. Left hand side of the video.)

Don wrote:

ssjp wrote:

There are two files that are updated in a HWU upgrade. One of them is a text file that translates the LOR jargon into the version number. If you've upgraded to the current HWU, and you are still getting 4.? in the status, I would suspect the associated text file. I do not have LOR on this machine to look for the exact name.

What has me curious is why the 4.? only appears on two of the cards. The rest show up as 4.01. I just got the latest hw utility (1.5.10) and installed it, but still the same results. For some reason, it's still reading the data from the LOR_DeviceFile.txt instead of getting it from those two cards.

ssjp wrote:

Don wrote:
ssjp wrote:

What has me curious is why the 4.? only appears on two of the cards. The rest show up as 4.01. I just got the latest hw utility (1.5.10) and installed it, but still the same results. For some reason, it's still reading the data from the LOR_DeviceFile.txt instead of getting it from those two cards.

I am not sure why you are getting the question mark. It should make no difference to your show but we will look into this.