Light-O-Rama Forums

Snow storm

friskybri

Finally A snow storm I can be proud of. Cancelled all my flights, reassigned me to do another flight from Chicago to Buffalo NY Wed morning LOL NOT, fat chance on me making it for that one. I want it to snow so much the power goes out. :) Want to play with my generator and transfer switch.:D But sense I puchased that our power hardly goes out anymore. :( Suppose to get 20 inches. Wanting 36 but probably not going to happen. I get to use my snow blower for more then 2 inches of snow. :) Guess me and the kids will play the wii, and board games for the next 2 days. :D I know I sound crazy, your probably right but its going to be a fun two days.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking

Attached files 236348=12892-12.jpg

Guest Don Gillespie

When I was a kid I loved snow storms because I didn't have to shovel the crap but now that I am older I detest winter I am trying to get my wife to go south for two months out of every year was thinking Feb, & March, but anyways you have fun with your kids and enjoy your time off probably well deserved. make sure your snowblower is fully gased up LOL:D

they cancelled everything. They are even talking about shutting ORD down from 6pm till Thursday morning. I get paid to sit at home yah. 2 hours and the heavy stuff hasnt started yet. Got 4 movies, got the pizza, popcorn, did make a beer run going over to neighbors house later and have a blizzard party. He has a 10 foot screen HD projector. 2 18" subs and 9 speakers around you. mini fridge next to my lounge seats.

Attached files 236409=12898-IMAG0171.jpg

I have to say, I laughed out loud when I saw the tagline of your original post!

I think people are freaking out WAY to much. It's just a bunch of snow...we're Chicagoans! We're used to it!

Apparently Midway Airport is closed all the way down too. I mean, we don't live in Florida where 1" of snow = disaster, do we?

Here around Fort Wayne In. the stuff started about 2 hours ago and I just got home from my doctor and took the back way comming home and I would say with the wind we got right now and the snow we have gotten already, in a couple of hours we will have a lot of country roads in passable.

Wayne

Ok way cool thunder snow. Lighting hitting near house in heavy snow. Pick one blizzard or thunder storm. Both. Very cool

friskybri wrote:

Ok way cool thunder snow. Lighting hitting near house in heavy snow. Pick one blizzard or thunder storm. Both. Very cool

Hey, I'm just a little north of ya, send me some of that thunder snow! It'll go good with my colored floods still blazing. :cool: I'm hoping to finish my first song tomorrow.

I know how you feel, we are expecting 14 hours of sunshine and +24c tomorrow, but that's better than the 32c we had today.
I don't know how much more of this sunshine I can take. lol
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Richard R wrote:

I know how you feel, we are expecting 14 hours of sunshine and +24c tomorrow, but that's better than the 32c we had today.
I don't know how much more of this sunshine I can take. lol
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
We should work out some sort of foreign exchange program... You can shovel my snow and I'll cut your grass, lol.

Guest Don Gillespie

Jeff Millard wrote:

It's raining, everything is slick as snot on a brass doorknob, it's starting to warm up, all the snow looks like ice hills, there's a little sheen on the power lines, all in all.... It ain't that bad out....

Whew, I thing we dogged a bullet.

Jeff

what have you got against brass door knobs LOL