Light-O-Rama Forums

Led lights

John2571

I have been looking on who to by lights from and I decided to by them from magicintheshy.com but novelty lights has white LEDs for $10. Should I get the 100s from magic in the sky or the 70s from novelty lights for 10$?

100ct lights for $10 versus 70ct lights for $10

What type of lights are novelty lights and who manufactures them and what is their shipping, also have to take that into consideration .

Go with the 100ct lights for $10

My two cents:)

In this case it is cheaper to go with 70ct for $10 works out to 14 cents per led

Also depending on shipping and quality

Denis Chaput wrote:

In this case it is cheaper to go with 70ct for $10 works out to 14 cents per led

Also depending on shipping and quality

I agree, no one really knows the sure quality of MITS lights yet, as this is their first year. I can't say I have experience with novelty Lights either though.

Would these work good for an arch or matrix?(up to 12inch sections) and would they be long enough for a 12 inch section? Would they dimm?(they are full wave)

I use 70ct lights for some arches not sure howlong they are around 12 or 13 inches

on black poly pipe for sleeves. Works fine don't wrap too tight and they will look great. If you have a length of light left over just wrap it back onto the pipe.

John2571 wrote:

Would these work good for an arch or matrix?(up to 12inch sections) and would they be long enough for a 12 inch section? Would they dimm?(they are full wave)

I use M6 70CT and have 6CH on a 10ft arch. 6 - 18" sections and they are tightly wrapped. See below. I would suspect if yours are FW they should dim just fine. Pictured below came from CDI

156032_469695864588_328124109588_5371283_1813039_n.jpg

Would it look good to use c6 LEDs then m5 then the small 5mm ones?(I have the 5mm and the c6 and; the m5 are the chepest this year)