Light-O-Rama Forums

Classified Forums

Tom Clapper

I know there is a place to send ideas to LOR but I just wanted to see if others would use this.

I think LOR needs to add a classifieds forums section. Then people could list items they have for sale ie. Christmas lights, controllers, patterns, sequences, services. I'm sure alot of you use ebay or other sites to sell items but what better market is there to sell these items than the group of diehards on here. I'm sure enough people change there displays or just upgrade to bigger and better stuff that could benefit from having a section to list there items on.

Here are some current items I have for sale as I am changing my display to a R/G/W setup this year

1 - Gemmy Industries Holiday Light Show And Timer with Sound - Used last year until I upgraded to an LOR this season. Play music and makes your lights dance to them.
$35.00 new is $69.99

8 - 25 count C9's - Cool White Led Facated - Used two years and still work/look great very brite. $7.00 per string new is $16.99

4 - 10' LED Icicles - Used this year only and still work great. $8.00 per string new was $14.99

5 - 10' LED Twinkling Icicles - used last year and still work great. $8.00 per string new was $19.99

6 - 60 count C4 Cool White LED Teardrop - Used this year only as garland on my mini trees and still work great. $ 3.50 per string new was $7.49

$175 will buy it all!! Better than half price and all of them work great.

I like the idea if we could keep it to items for sale, buy and sell, and eliminate running off into the ditch like we all are guilty of in various posts...:D

Only question would be, what do you allow to be sold? Does Dan want his competitors products being bought and sold on his own forum...?

Guest Don Gillespie

DonFL wrote:

I like the idea if we could keep it to items for sale, buy and sell, and eliminate running off into the ditch like we all are guilty of in various posts...:D

Only question would be, what do you allow to be sold? Does Dan want his competitors products being bought and sold on his own forum...?

I think it is a neat idea my recomendation would be Christmas lights (not from a vendor) and any Christmas decorations that you don't need, my concern is will it work??

My gut says NO

I was thinking like micro brewery beer from your part of the country. How about hot babes or sale like mail order brides.

DonFL wrote:

Does Dan want his competitors products being bought and sold on his own forum...?

That's an easy question to answer....

My two cents--->
This is a Hardware/Software support forum. As everybody knows, there is an excellent group of people on here that have vast amount of knowledge that they are willing to share. As for selling products, presently, I don't think there is a good area on here to do so. There could be a place started that would allow products advertised that are not in competition with any LOR products, but just would mean Dan and his staff would have more monitoring to do, and I got a feeling they are all ready over whelmed.

:D

DonFL wrote:

Does Dan want his competitors products being bought and sold on his own forum...?

If I were Dan I probably wouldn't allow this. It would be a chore trying to keep competitors out.

MikeH

Why should Dan worry. He alreeady has the best product on the market for entry level people and advanced users. If someone wants to sell a Gemmy unit it's only a matter of time before they take the next step to LOR. I started with a Mr. Christmas (one season)then went to 48 LOR channels this year I'll add another 112 channels. So as far as I am concerned its all advertizing for LOR. The forum should have 2 areas one for vendors and one for used equipment.