Light-O-Rama Forums

Quick Reminder - MP3 Controller ?

Guest guest

Hey Guys, I'm having a brain fart - I'm trying to download the sequences that I have created on to the SD card for the MP3 controller at work. When I get home, I want to test it out, but when I setup files to be created on the MP3 tab in the Hardware Utility, do I have to be connected to a controller?

I get an error saying that 'opening of serial port has failed' again I am at work and do not have a controller hooked up?

Thanks, Bill Jr.

Bill Jr. wrote:

Hey Guys, I'm having a brain fart - I'm trying to download the sequences that I have created on to the SD card for the MP3 controller at work. When I get home, I want to test it out, but when I setup files to be created on the MP3 tab in the Hardware Utility, do I have to be connected to a controller?

I get an error saying that 'opening of serial port has failed' again I am at work and do not have a controller hooked up?

Thanks, Bill Jr.

Bill... that happened to me also. Just connect the dongle (adapter) to the pc and it will work.

Hi,

With the latest version of the Hardware Utility 1.5.7 (located on the support page) you do not need a valid com port to create the SD card for the MP3 player. You will get an warning with the Hardware Utility starts but you can ignore it and create your SD card.