Light-O-Rama Forums

Arches

RaceMedic

Hello Everyone ....

I am already planning for 2011 and working on some sequencing and I would like to ask a question.

What type of unique effects are you doing with your leaping arches, other than leaping.

I am just trying to see what else can be done with them.

Thank-you for sharing your ideas.

Dave

I am just trying to see if there are any unique / different things people are doing with the arches for a new effect.

Thanks,

Dave

While it is still leaping...

I like the effect of turning the whole arch on at 50% and then using a 100% segment that leaps through as well as an OFF segment that leaps through.

I just started playing with the arch like a fan as well.

I am no expert (only have 2 arches) but have been playing around with it a bit this week... good timing I guess.

This is the first year I will be using arches.

4 arches 7 channels each.

I have done a chase from one end to the other and back.

2 arches start at oppisit ends and chase into each other.

I am still looking for some ideas as well.

I too am looking for suggestions will only have 16 channels but trying to figure out what to do with them is the question I will have 2 white 15', 2 white 10', and 2 multi color 10' But debating on using the multi color as light poles. Just a nebie trying to figure it all out.

NickByrd wrote:

While it is still leaping...

I like the effect of turning the whole arch on at 50% and then using a 100% segment that leaps through as well as an OFF segment that leaps through.

Do ayou mind explaining how that is done in sequencing ?!

Do you have a video of it also ... sounds interesting !

Thanks,

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:
Do ayou mind explaining how that is done in sequencing ?!

Do you have a video of it also ... sounds interesting !

Here is a picture of the sequence... (in red)

I basically just have the entire 8 channel arch on at 50%. Then I lay in a chase sequence at 100% and another at 0%. you could copy in the 100% on with paste from foreground checked. Once I had the first sequence I just copy and pasted over and over til I was done.

I'll draw back and get a longer sequence shot next.

Attached files 235903=12874-arch sequence1.jpg

Here's an example of an all-on-then-fade with a chase (leap) to end it. I use this at about 25 sec into Jingo Jango (and is repeated thru out):

The "checkerboard" pattern just before is great for bell sounds also...

Attached files 235906=12876-ArchFadeWithEmbeddedChase.PNG

I don't have a video of the above sequence. I DO have some really good arch variety in my Wizards In Winter video.

http://vimeo.com/18625992

I am not completely satisfied with the arches in one particular part but everything else rocks. I pieced the sequence together from some of mine and some shared sequences so I will now pay it forward. Also, you can look at the video and the sequence and get a real world idea of what it looks like.

Attached files Nick's Wizards In Winter.lms

amcdonald307 wrote:

Here's an example of an all-on-then-fade with a chase (leap) to end it. I use this at about 25 sec into Jingo Jango (and is repeated thru out):

The "checkerboard" pattern just before is great for bell sounds also...

Nice simple song...but VERY WELL done!!!

I've always been a advocate that less is more!!
No need to have every light on with every song...