Light-O-Rama Forums

Run time error

Mike G

After a short break from sequencing I decided to fire it up today and when I start my sequence editor I get a run time error '440' automation error nag. This is the same machine I did all my sequencing on and never had any issues. my LOR version is 2.8.12 advanced on a Windows Vista machine. My show machine is an old Acer laptop running XP and I can start the sequence editor with no problems. Any ideas on why all of a sudden my Vista machine is getting this nag?

What exactly does the error message say, word for word?

Does it also say something in its blue title bar (of the message box, not of the Sequence Editor)? If so, exactly what, word for word?

Does it happen immediately upon you running the Sequence Editor, or after something happens (such as after the New/Open dialog being displayed)?

Without knowing anything further, my first suggestion would be to attempt to repair the installation (go to Add/Remove Programs, select the Light-O-Rama entry, and select "Repair").

If that fails to help, I would suggest trying to uninstall and reinstall.

If that also fails to help, I would suggest trying to uninstall and then install the latest version instead of 2.8.12.

I did a re-install and everything is working fine. Strange, though how all of a sudden I got that nag. I'm sure glad I use a Mac for most of my other computer work. Thanks for all of the quick responses.