Light-O-Rama Forums

Lawn Lights

NickByrd

I am trying to create a specific effect and it looks like incandescent Lawn Lights may be the ticket.

I was wondering about quality issues with the lights. They are kinda pricey for 50 bulbs and wanted to know current quality. Also, if someone is trying to move some workings sets... let's talk.

I have 36 strands of cool white LED net lights on the lawn. The lights have a built in twinkeling effect so it looks pretty cool. I created an area of blue lights to simulate water and have a few deer around it. It looks cool and I am sure I can send a picture if you are interested.

The first year I did this is was awesome, they all worked flawlessly. This year I had some issued with blown fuses. They are cheap non sealed lights so that could be part of the issue.

NickByrd wrote:

I am trying to create a specific effect and it looks like incandescent Lawn Lights may be the ticket.

I was wondering about quality issues with the lights. They are kinda pricey for 50 bulbs and wanted to know current quality. Also, if someone is trying to move some workings sets... let's talk.

Are you talking about the large ones, that are 12" - 14" tall?

Pictures here.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum79/23566.html

If you looking for the ones in the above forum. I have at least 6 to 8 new sets for sale. And about 5 to 7 sets used too! If your interested.

This isn't necessarily about the Lawn Lights, but I do put lights on my lawn. One major issue is my lights are still outside, buried under about 14" of snow (plus the 9-14" were getting tonight.) Year after year mine end up getting buried during the season and, not only get stuck there, but can't be seen for the majority of the season. I love the effect though. I actually still just incandescents on the ground in the hopes that it helps melt the snow a little quicker...but it doesn't really matter after a few inches of snow.:?

Okay I may have been misleading with my first post.

I am looking for reviews on the Lawn Lights brand of incandescent light strands. They use mini bulbs and each bulb is set 10 feet apart, with 50 bulbs per strand.

The Lawn Lights are found at http://www.lawnlights.com

They create the effect in the attached photo.

Any help would be awesome!

Is this what you have Dan?

Attached files 235826=12862-ShelleyBoydNight600x193.jpg

Ponddude wrote:

This isn't necessarily about the Lawn Lights, but I do put lights on my lawn. One major issue is my lights are still outside, buried under about 14" of snow (plus the 9-14" were getting tonight.) Year after year mine end up getting buried during the season and, not only get stuck there, but can't be seen for the majority of the season. I love the effect though. I actually still just incandescents on the ground in the hopes that it helps melt the snow a little quicker...but it doesn't really matter after a few inches of snow.:?

DIDO! Here is my yard right now, as of Tuesday!

Attached files 235827=12863-2010-12-27 10.59.44.jpg

NickByrd wrote:

Okay I may have been misleading with my first post.

I am looking for reviews on the Lawn Lights brand of incandescent light strands. They use mini bulbs and each bulb is set 10 feet apart, with 50 bulbs per strand.

The Lawn Lights are found at http://www.lawnlights.com

They create the effect in the attached photo.

Any help would be awesome!

Is this what you have Dan?

All they are doing is using a light string that has the bulbs spaced out really far. Say 24" and lawn stakes in the ground. I do the same thing with my strobes, but my mounts are stronger pvc. I use a 25ct light string, put hot glue in all but 5 that are evenly spaced out. than I have my mounts, to prevent them from falling over. My ground is to rocky to use stakes. See mine.

Attached files 235829=12864-2 - Copy.jpg

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

All they are doing is using a light string that has the bulbs spaced out really far. Say 24" and lawn stakes in the ground. I do the same thing with my strobes, but my mounts are stronger pvc. I use a 25ct light string, put hot glue in all but 5 that are evenly spaced out. than I have my mounts, to prevent them from falling over. My ground is to rocky to use stakes. See mine.

Hey NY Yankee 25,

Do you know if that hot glue trick would work with mini's like it does with the C9's? I know that with most mini's if you lose 1 bulb, you lose a section of lights.

NickByrd wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Hey NY Yankee 25,

Do you know if that hot glue trick would work with mini's like it does with the C9's? I know that with most mini's if you lose 1 bulb, you lose a section of lights.

Your right. The hot glue will NOT work with mini's. For that reason you said. "you will loss a section of lights." But that's why for mini's they make blackout caps.

Attached files 235831=12865-t-20-17-01.gif

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Ponddude wrote:

DIDO! Here is my yard right now, as of Tuesday!

LOL I should take a picture of my yard with almost 3 feet of snow!

For Christmas "Snow" is the best decoration but come on enough already!

Nick, i used LED lawn lights this last year they worked ok. Iam not using next year but have already sold them. Here is picture of them around mrga tree.

Attached files 235999=12883-NUTCRACKER (trimmed-2) 0 01

Nick, i used LED lawn lights this last year they worked ok. Iam not using next year but have already sold them. Here is picture of them around mrga tree.

Attached files 236000=12884-NUTCRACKER (trimmed-2) 0 01