Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Questions

Guest guest

This one came out of the Mini this weekend and there are a couple of ways to skin it. How would you?

When the show starts you play 3 musical sequences followed by all lights on. You would like the 3 musical sequences played at the top and bottom of every hour. All other times you want the lights all on.

What's you most effective solutions? The group came up with a few but I'm always interested to see what others are doing.

I'm curious to see the answers on this one. This is my first year with LOR, and this is exactly what I'm doing except, I'll have 4 songs starting on the half hour. I'll also be using X-10 to slightly dim some of the static display so the items in motion pop out more.

If I were to do this, I would create a musical or animation sequence with all lights on matched to the time of the remainder between the 3 musical sequences and the 30 minute mark.

Example:

Musical Sequence A: 3:16

Musical Sequence B: 2:47

Musical Sequence C: 3:39

Total Length: 9:42.

Animation/Musical Sequence D: 20:18.

Total Length of Show: 30:00

RichArsenault wrote:

This one came out of the Mini this weekend and there are a couple of ways to skin it. How would you?

When the show starts you play 3 musical sequences followed by all lights on. You would like the 3 musical sequences played at the top and bottom of every hour. All other times you want the lights all on.

What's you most effective solutions? The group came up with a few but I'm always interested to see what others are doing.

Two shows: one static, one musical. Sechedule the musical show for the times you want it (e.g. the top of every hour). Make the length of it just short of the length of the show (e.g. if it runs 10:28, schedule it for 10 minutes). Then schedule the 'static' show to fill the rest of the time slot, until the next musical show.

The musical show will play out until the last sequence finishes (e.g. the whole 10:28), then the static lights will come on.

As an aside, I'm wary of doing shows this way. It seems like it either a) encourages traffic to sit around, waiting for a show, gumming up the roads, or :D people won't get it, and won't wait.

-Tim

PLEASE HELP A LOR FIRST TIME USER!

I’ve written and tested my sequences. Everything OK.

I’ve installed and tested my controllers. Everything OK.

I’m completely lost when trying to write a show and schedule it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph

Random note to no-one in particular ...

Keep in mind if you create a long animation sequence, and you run long on the program ... you run the risk of it re-starting and going *way* over the allotted time.

You'd want to make sure your animation (static) sequence is about 1 minute long.