Light-O-Rama Forums

Leaping light arches

John2571

I did 5 arches, 7 channels each, 2 in front, 3 in back, total of 14 channels. I thought it look good. Just food for thought.

shfr26 wrote:

I did 5 arches, 7 channels each, 2 in front, 3 in back, total of 14 channels. I thought it look good. Just food for thought.

You mean 35 channels, right?

I'm definitely thinking one color, hadn't settled on 7 or 8 segments, probably 7..

I've got the controllers, so for now at least, doing them the "old fashioned" way...

I used David Moore's Coro Arches, 3 channels per arch, 4 arches = 12 channels, 24 channels if I used both the Orange Halloween version with the Clear Christmas version at the same time.

The coro was just the easiest way for me to go the first year, although I'm thinking of doing some the old fashioned way, but I want them to be SMALL and that's where I seem to have the issue.

I'd like them to be no bigger than the coro arches, and still use the same amount of lights (300 bulbs/3 sets of 100 count bulbs per arch), and channels! (12 channels = 1 controller)

Although with DM'st coro arches I did modify my strings for a more uniform look at 98-104-98 bulbs per segment of the 3 channel arch, just gave for a smoother flow of the arch(at least to me).

Now they could have been 6 channels per arch by 4 archs = 24 channels, providing I had used 50 count light strings, (which I did for the Halloween Orange arches, but tied 2/50 count strings together to make one 100 count string) but 24 channels would have taken too much from my display, nor did I want to commit 2 controllers just for arches, when one would do what I wanted.

If I could just make one of those PVC traditional type arches that wouldn't any larger than one of these coro arches, that'd ork for me! But seems like attempting one that small would just "snap" the PVC in half.

shfr26 wrote:

No sir, 3 arches on 7 channels and 2 arches on 7 channels for a total of 14 channels.
ok, so not all independent, got it..

My brain is fried this week...:shock:

jstorms,

All I can tell you is what I have seen at one of our SLAM's (St. Louis area mini). itsmebob brought his CCR set up on two PVC arches. Man it is the shitz to watch. And you think you are seeing almost a solid line. Now seeing the math, I wish the CCR was available when I built my 4 - 8 channel arches. It is a bit thinner looking than a wrapped arch. But the colors and what you can do with it out weighs the old fashion wrapped arch. Besides it is easier to make by just laying it on the pipe and loosely wire tying it.

OK great, so now if I use logic and buy some CCRs to do my arches for next year, what do I do with the 15,000 incandescent lights I picked up after Christmas????:shock:

My wife did say no more controllers but she doesn't even know what a CCR is no less has she told me no more CCRs:D

Jim Saul wrote:

OK great, so now if I use logic and buy some CCRs to do my arches for next year, what do I do with the 15,000 incandescent lights I picked up after Christmas????:shock:

My wife did say no more controllers but she doesn't even know what a CCR is no less has she told me no more CCRs:D

Well you could just send all 15,000 of those lights to me! Be more than happy to take them off your hands at no charge.:D:cool:

Orville wrote:

Jim Saul wrote:

Well you could just send all 15,000 of those lights to me! Be more than happy to take them off your hands at no charge.:P:cool:
you are such a good man, I think the catholic church will be naming you a saint. Heard something about "Sir Orville of Redenbacker".

caniac wrote:

Orville wrote:
Jim Saul wrote:

Well you could just send all 15,000 of those lights to me! Be more than happy to take them off your hands at no charge.:P:cool:
you are such a good man, I think the catholic church will be naming you a saint. Heard something about "Sir Orville of Redenbacker".

LOL! I wish I WERE related to Mr. Redenbacher! But no, I'm not.

If I were then I wouldn't need to be trying to find work, wouldn't need to worry about doing a lot of things and could buy all the controllers, CCR's, CCB's, CCF's or anything else I wanted for that matter.

Although I do *have* some relatives that I still have a hard time believing myself that I am related to and are actually successful TV/Movie Stars, a Religious Singing group(all are brothers) and at least one deceased one that was actually president of the US! But I don't get anything from them, I'm *invisible* to these folks, of course I've never met them in person either, which may/may not help anyway.