Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a lot of channels and CCR's

Denise Brunner

I am going to be adding 10 regular controllers and probably 8-12 CCR's. I see people using sub-sequences and hear its the way to add, but HELP !!! Don't rightfully understand the how and why. Can someone fill me in, please??

I still have not dug out one light of my display. Too much snow, with a new snow fall almost every week since xmas. Right now its 3 degrees out. Think I will spend my time sequencing!!

Denise

Just curious how many you had this year. The reason I ask, is it might be easier for you to just start over with a channel line up that you are happy with, than copy and paste the old sequences, channel, by channel, by song if you only had a few controllers. It goes back to this thread. http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/25464.html

Hey Dennis, I second the starting over from square one. The first year i was 176, the 272, now 405, next year still 405 but adding 12 CCR and 10 floods. I did a complete new line up and started coping and pasting the songs I want to re use. I was programing to R,G,B,W on all my stuff. Now I am grouping RRR,GGG,BBB,WWW etc. That way you can use the chase tool move effectively.
Good Luck Don C,

Thanks Don, Yea kinda was thinking that I was going to have to do that. Just noticed that a lot of people have used sub-sequences to add more channels and am just not sure what that is all about. Re-doing all the old stuff is going to be a real pain, but guess I might as well dig in. Anyone else have any suggestions ???

One reason for subsequences, especially if they are adding CCR matrices or half mega trees, is that the SuperStar sequence editor kicks out a LOR sequence file, that is easy to incorporate into a standard LOR sequence as a subsequence.

You can make a program with just your CCR's using S2 and then add it to the rest of your other channels using the sub-sequence option. you can have several sub-sequences to a song if you want.

Only "Con" doing this is it only works using your computer for your shows, The director cards right now do not support sub-sequences.

Thanks Dennis, I only run from a PC. Where can I get the information on how to make sub-sequences, is it in the help files????

Thanks Again,

Denise

Denise Brunner wrote:

Thanks Dennis, I only run from a PC. Where can I get the information on how to make sub-sequences, is it in the help files????

Thanks Again,

Denise

Just make a Music sequence file like you normally do but leave the channels count as 1 for now.

Add your music file.

Now you select what you want to sequence, say it is your CCR's, Add your CCR's and sequence your song just for the CCR's. Delete the extra channel you had to add above.

Save your file with a name and add CCR to the end so you know this is the CCR sequence. You can do this for the Mega Tree, your mini trees, etc if you want. You can make a separate visualizer just for the CCR's to see the patterns and save it off the configuration file for other sequences to program the CCR's You can add the Channel numbers here if you know them or add them later.

Now open your actual sequence that you have done, add one channel to the bottom of your channels, now for the 'Device Type' you will select "Sequence" and below the "Sequence" box will be available , click on the box to the right and point to your file name with "CCR".

You are done

One other issue doing this I forgot about, The Main visualizer will not show the sub-sequence lights. Hopefully the next release of software will have this included.

Great Thanks Dennis, right now I am putting in all the new channels so that I can export the channel config. I have one CCR for now but will be getting at least 8 during the inventory clearance (if my fingers are quick enough) if not the summer sale.

Denise

Come on up Jeff, would love to meet you. I have one of the eight CCR's already!! one down, seven to go

Denise Brunner wrote:

Thanks Again,

Denise

If, by chance, LOR makes the Channels "sortable", would you guys still use "sub-sequences"?

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Denise Brunner wrote:

Thanks Again,

Denise

If, by chance, LOR makes the Channels "sortable", would you guys still use "sub-sequences"?

Good point Jim, will this method of sequencing also work with CCB that are going to available? I haven't tried this method but it makes sense

jimswinder wrote:

Not sure why the two are related. While I might consider using them in an animation sequence, maybe, sub-sequences are marginally useful in a musical sequence since they cannot be scaled to fit cells or time. They are fixed-length sequences.

Unless you want to use the same sub-sequence multiple times in the same song, using the same elapsed time, there's little point in making it a sub-sequence.

Plus, they don't show in the visualizer.

Fabian

I was going to go last year, but as a newbie I did not want to intrude. I will try to keep the date open.

Denise