Light-O-Rama Forums

Windows 7

edge

I am thinking of switiching from Windows XP 64 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. Please advise me of any concerns, problems, etc. Since Windows XP does not have the support. I use Sony Vegas for Videos and am looking to upgrade that as well. Should I be concerned? I thank you in advance for your assistance and recommendations.

Sincerely,

Edge

Windows 7 worked great when I used it with parrels on my Imac and am installing it on all of the computers that I am going to build.(I used win. 7 HP 64bit)

I have been running Windows 7 64 bit for as long as it has been out. MUCH more stable than Vista! LOVE Windows 7 as far as Windows based software goes. I do a great deal of video editing and and have no problems. I have a 3-4 year old Gateway desk top with a quad core Intel Core2 with 8 GB of ram. Wicked computer for it's age.

But I would recomend making the jump to 7. If you are currently on a 32 bit system and switching over to 64 bit... get someone there to help that is computer-smart. I remember there were a few small hicups. Switching over took about 4 hours total... Including reinstalling all my old programs.

Check older programs for 64 bit compatability.

Nick

I used windows 7 64 bit with latest LOR S2 version, works great, no issues. If your happy with Vista, its not that much better and your graphic performance might actually drop (mine did). But in terms of using LOR software, either is fine. LOR is not a fat pig and works even on really old machines.

Another happy Windows 7 user, no problems what-so-ever, and stability of Windows 7 is far superior to any Windows OS I've ever used (I've used virtually every Win OS since Windows 3.0).

Upgrade! :)

ace_master wrote:

Another happy Windows 7 user, no problems what-so-ever, and stability of Windows 7 is far superior to any Windows OS I've ever used (I've used virtually every Win OS since Windows 3.0).

Upgrade! :)

What he said...

Thank you all for the comments. I will be installing Windows 7 on 01/26/11. Anyone have any suggestions with Windows 7 and Sony Vegas? I am thinking of upgrading this too.

I built a Windows 7 computer about a year and a half ago. Ran the beta 7 first then "upgraded" to the regular licensed version. Love it, love it, love it. I run a 64 bit system and the only program I had issues was Photoshop CS5. After a couple of patches from Adobe it runs just fine.

Jeff