Light-O-Rama Forums

Audacity

Joe Rayburn

I would like to add Thunder and lighting sounds to a few songs in certain Places for ,mainly Halloween. Can I do this with Audacity or do I need some other software?

Thanks for any Help.

Joe Rayburn wrote:

I would like to add Thunder and lighting sounds to a few songs in certain Places for ,mainly Halloween. Can I do this with Audacity or do I need some other software?

Thanks for any Help.

Yes, it can

Edit....

That is if you already have thunder and lighting audio files.

You can open a song in Audacity then import your thunder and lighting audio files also. Edit them like you want them then export it all as a mp3 or wav.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Joe Rayburn wrote:

Thanks for any Help.

Yes, it can

Edit....

That is if you already have thunder and lighting audio files.

You can open a song in Audacity then import your thunder and lighting audio files also. Edit them like you want them then export it all as a mp3 or wav.

Thanks for the reply . Now I am asking for a tutorital on how to do it, get the sounds in the right place without messing up the orginal song ect. If anyone has the time.

Joe Rayburn wrote:

Thanks for the reply . Now I am asking for a tutorital on how to do it, get the sounds in the right place without messing up the orginal song ect. If anyone has the time.

Open your music file in audacity.

Click 'project' 'import audio'. Select your thunder file.

Now in audacity you will see both audio files (wave forms). Find where you want your thunder sound to start into your song. Click on that spot of time. Do the 'click on that spot of time' on the grid for your thunder sound.

With the cursor in the grid of the thunder file where you want it to start click on "project" "Align tracks" "Align with Cursor". This will move the start of the thunder audio to the cursor position.

Listen to the audio files. If it is like you want it click "file" "export as wave" or "export as MP3 and export your project.