Light-O-Rama Forums

Forum

Ron Amedee

Go TIGERS, Ron I want to see the gazebo when your done origanally from Baton Rouge and love LSU. I actually was thinking for next year to do a Mardi gars float at the Spanish Town Parade or the new parade that is night now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ultamitking73 wrote:

anyone have a 16 channel wizards in winter sequence????

EVERYONE has a Wizards sequence. For many of us it was the first song we sequenced. It's actually a pretty good song to get started with - lots to work with. But if you're worried about not getting it finished in time, read some threads in the SEQUENCES section of the forum and follow the links that are all over the place there. There's probably a hundred free Wizards sequences out there waiting for you. Good luck.

Thank you and yes this our first year and right now we are working on 16ch but i have WiW for either 32 or 64 channels so thats why i was looking for 16ch but i will look there to thanx

Ultamitking73 wrote:

Thank you and yes this our first year and right now we are working on 16ch but i have WiW for either 32 or 64 channels so thats why i was looking for 16ch but i will look there to thanx

Actually, I think the smarter choice is looking for sequences with more channels than what you're working with - the more the better. If you haven't already noticed, its difficult, if not impossible, to find someone else with the same setup as you have. And then there's the issue of whether their sequencing looks good to you (which is completely in the eye of the beholder) or whether it looks good in your setup. Strictly from a numbers perspective, you're more likely to find things that will translate well to your display if you have more already-sequenced channels to choose from rather than fewer.

Plus there's the issue of quality. I don't mean for this to sound the way a lot of people are gonna take it, but I believe you're more likely to get better sequencing if you look for larger channel-count sequences. Yes, yes, yes there are lots of people with 16 channels who do a superb job, so readers hold your flames at bay... and on the other end there's those with dozens or scores of channels who don't do such a superb job. YMMV, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, beasts live under bridges, and ugly is in this year whether you agree with me or not.

But by and large, people with higher channel counts are more likely to by synonomous with better quality sequencing. They've been doing it longer and experience DOES matter. And they're good at it either because they were good right from the beginning, or because they became good through trial and learning. If you want your yard to look as cherry as possible, my advice is to start your quest from that end of the spectrum. Except for Seattle Jim, when's the last time you saw someone with a hundred and fifty channels looking for free sequences?

yes very true more numbers better quality but you missed one thing 16ch is limitied when you have a 32ch WIW because it may look good in the sequencer but when you look at it on your light channel you have big spaces in the music of dead lights because someone is to busy worring about thier "arches or poles or Gigantic Tree" which btw EVERYONE has done and just like this song is waaaaaaay over done but it is a LOR tradition to start with it's almost like you HAVE to do this song but I will find it somewhere in 16ch then modify it to my liking thanks for all your insight

George Simmons wrote:

Ultamitking73 wrote:
anyone have a 16 channel wizards in winter sequence????

EVERYONE has a Wizards sequence.

Sorry, George. You are wrong! :)

I don't have one, have never had one, and never will. I just don't like that song!

More power to the people that do

Ultamitking73 wrote:

Here ya go a 16 Channel version of Wizards in Winter (this is a LOR1, but I have loaded them into and saved them in the S2 software with no issues.)

http://lightoramasequences.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,42/func,fileinfo/id,139/

When I first started I had one controller (16 ch) so I was also looking for 16 channel sequences. This is the best place to start looking for sequences of any channel size:

http://lightoramasequences.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,42/

I'm now up tp 80 channels, but because of our moving back to an apartment temporarily for a while, I'm having to scale down my display to 32 channels, possibly even less.

Good luck.

George Simmons wrote:

Ultamitking73 wrote:
I agree it is annoying just about as annoying as the archs and huge trees in every yard why can't we think outside the box lol

Sounds like arch-envy to me...

How's this for outside the box?

http://www.vimeo.com/17484818

You are so far out side the box you can't even see one. Very nice.

You've got me thinking about finding my Hot Butter album (vinyl with a pop corn box glued to it) and record "Pop Corn" or "Telstar" to sequence ;) Not that I can even find my turn table.

George Simmons wrote:

Ultamitking73 wrote:
I agree it is annoying just about as annoying as the archs and huge trees in every yard why can't we think outside the box lol

Sounds like arch-envy to me...

How's this for outside the box?

http://www.vimeo.com/17484818
all i can say is "WOW".

no Arch-Envy here but just not a good way to tie them into everything else i try and do. may go ahead and get my controller preconfiged for them but use the outlets for something i want to run the same way.