Light-O-Rama Forums

Took my LOR controller on the road today and won grand prize at the Trunk Or Treat

Guest guest

Well, I packed up my LOR controller and front yard setup today and transported it to the big church for our Trunk Or Treat contest. The theme was sports, so we had 3 vehicles rafted together there. Mine was baseball themed, another family member was football. Here is a short video of the setup in action:

http://www.lauderdalechristmas.com/videos/trunk-or-treat-2006.wmv

I had my LOR controller, and it was a smash hit, especially since I had my sequences of Disney’ Main street Electrical Parade, and “Under The Sea” from Little Mermaid playing. The crowd loved it!

Out of about 40 cars there, I won the grand prize, 4 tickets to the club level to see Florida Panthers play, and we get parking pass too!

I even had my Ramsey FM30b transmitter there so I was able to blast the audio to the crowd with my Mark Levinson stereo in the Lexus. Good thing I thought ahead and brought my little portable battery jumper, I drained the battery after a 45 minutes! Jump started it right back up!

We had talked about this issue of powering your LOR when you are mobile in another thread last week, about power inverters and how they have thus far been unusable with LOR because of modified sine waves. As luck would have it and God knew just what I needed, there is an island in the middle of the parking lot with one emergency outlet inside an access panel, and it’s all we needed, good old 120 A/C from FPL.

Attached files 80737=4921-trunk-treat.jpg

What a GREAT display!!! Looks like it was quite an event for sure. Congrats on the win. Have fun at the game.

Im still hoping to aquire my 1st LOR, but as my wife keeps saying... All a 16 channel set-up is is a gate way drug to more channels! I have a feeling she is right..

Congrats again!

Jeff

snowpig wrote:

Im still hoping to aquire my 1st LOR, but as my wife keeps saying... All a 16 channel set-up is is a gate way drug to more channels! I have a feeling she is right..

Congrats again!

Jeff
She is so right Jeff, you may as well go ahead and be a full blown junkie and get 64 channels right off the bat.
:laughing:
Chris

cghargis wrote:

snowpig wrote:

Congrats again!

Jeff
She is so right Jeff, you may as well go ahead and be a full blown junkie and get 64 channels right off the bat.
:laughing:
Chris

Chris

If you knew how hard I am trying, you would be proud! We will see.. Christmas IS coming you know....:happytree:

jeffostroff wrote:

I did get 64 channels off the bat hence my signature logo with 64 in it.

I only used 16 for Halloween. There will be 64 for Christmas.

Actually I was quoting snowpig, who either signed his message Jeff, or put a line in the middle of his congrats to you. :laughing: