Light-O-Rama Forums

Dillema

Guest Don Gillespie

Aproct wrote:

...And yes, that is me as the tree.. :P....sorry I love Christmas....

That is CLASSIC!!

Something the kids and Grandkids will talk about for decades to come...

great Christmas Memories...

Guest Don Gillespie
And yes, that is me as the tree.. :P....sorry I love Christmas....

Andy

Andy this pretty cool nice work,

after all the comments so far I think I am going to keep building more of my own displays and slowly start integrating them into my display seems to be they way to go

I use 2 blow ups (have many from the year I filled my yard)

One is a 6 foot nut cracker that I use as a singer and Santa in a chair cuz he is way too kewl.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Realistic-Animated-Airblown-Inflatable-Santa-Sitting-In-Chair-with-Sound-and-Spot-Light-Fixture/6371174

Guest Don Gillespie

PaulXmas wrote:

I use 2 blow ups (have many from the year I filled my yard)

One is a 6 foot nut cracker that I use as a singer and Santa in a chair cuz he is way too kewl.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Realistic-Animated-Airblown-Inflatable-Santa-Sitting-In-Chair-with-Sound-and-Spot-Light-Fixture/6371174

Ok this might be a stupid question I have some blow molds that I love but how do you use them in your display can you dedicate one channel for them or are they plugged in on their own circut do you dedicate a static display in your yard and run your show in a different part or incorperate the blow molds into your show do they always stay on

Don Gillespie wrote:

can you dedicate one channel for them or are they plugged in on their own circut do you dedicate a static display in your yard and run your show in a different part or incorperate the blow molds into your show do they always stay on

ALL OF THE ABOVE...

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
can you dedicate one channel for them or are they plugged in on their own circut do you dedicate a static display in your yard and run your show in a different part or incorperate the blow molds into your show do they always stay on

ALL OF THE ABOVE...

Well if I open up my mind a little more my display will look completly different this year thanks for the info

Don Gillespie wrote:

my display will look completely different this year

ya don't want the people tiring of the same old display every year ...do you? :P

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
my display will look completely different this year

ya don't want the people tiring of the same old display every year ...do you? :)

Certainly I do not want that to happen so its off to the drawing board for me if you need me I'll be in the back shop working on displays

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ok this might be a stupid question I have some blow molds that I love but how do you use them in your display can you dedicate one channel for them or are they plugged in on their own circut do you dedicate a static display in your yard and run your show in a different part or incorperate the blow molds into your show do they always stay on

Don,

My "standard" answer to this kind of question is:

It's your stuff, it's in your display, do whatever YOU want to do that makes you and your wife happy, and to heck with what anyone else thinks. If they don't like it, they don't have to look at it.

JBullard wrote:

do whatever YOU want to do that makes you and your wife happy, and to heck with what anyone else thinks. If they don't like it, they don't have to look at it.

Was that you and your wife behind that Frosty blowmold the other night??? :shock: :P

I TRIED not to look at it....

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

Don,

My "standard" answer to this kind of question is:

It's your stuff, it's in your display, do whatever YOU want to do that makes you and your wife happy, and to heck with what anyone else thinks. If they don't like it, they don't have to look at it.

I agree with you my wife has other ideas she doesn't have to program anything. more than anything just putting some feelers out there to what everyone else is doing it is great to do something different than everyone else in your city thats what makes this so unique, and thats why people come to see our displays

I am only 12 and I solder, weld, and creat all of my one things with the exeption of the snowflakes on our house and the 1 figure in our display that stands next to our front door (every year we charge it from snowman, angle, santa, etc.)