Light-O-Rama Forums

Software Update??

Tom Clapper

I just purchased a software upgrade from lor and the license key I received is the exact same one as when I had basic. When I tried updating it nothing unlocked...example beat wizard. which should now work. However it says something in the e-mail about other e-mails will be sent if my order contained other upgrades. Will I get another e-mail from lor with the upgrade and will that not come till they are open tommorow? I wanted to work on some songs tonight.:)

Guest wbottomley

Tom Clapper wrote:

I just purchased a software upgrade from lor and the license key I received is the exact same one as when I had basic. When I tried updating it nothing unlocked...example beat wizard. which should now work. However it says something in the e-mail about other e-mails will be sent if my order contained other upgrades. Will I get another e-mail from lor with the upgrade and will that not come till they are open tommorow? I wanted to work on some songs tonight.:)

Have you tried it to see if it works now?

If not, then wait on the email. The license system is automated that functions alone.

Here is a copy of the e-mail I recieved. No nothing works that didn't work with the basic software. In fact after looking at my original order the Key code is exactly the same as my original software purchase? Will I get another e-mail when they are open?

Subject: Your Light-O-Rama license information
>
> Thank you for upgrading your Light-O-Rama license from Basic
> to Basic Plus.
>
> To use your upgraded license, please open the Light-O-Rama Sequence
> Editor, click on the 'Help' menu, and select 'Upgrade Light-O-Rama'
> (or, if the computer is not already registered, 'Register Light-O-Rama').
>
> Copy and paste the following information in the window that opens:
>
> Deleted the code to post this
>
> The name is case-sensitive, so if you choose to type it instead of
> copying and pasting, please type all uppercase and lowercase
> letters exactly as you see them shown above.
>
> If your order included other licenses, you will receive separate
> emails for each of them.
>
> If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please contact
> Light-O-Rama licensing support (email software@lightorama.com, or
> phone 518-539-9000).
>
> Once again, thank you for using Light-O-Rama.
> --
> Light-O-Rama, Inc.
> http://lightorama.com

The absolute most visible change should be the name of the window. Mine says "Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor v2.9.4 Advanced" when I open it up.

As for other differences, besides now controlling controllers 1,2,3 & 4, instead of just 1 & 2:

The beat wizzard should run, and not warn you that you will not be able to save again after using the demo feature.

The other thing is that if you save a sequence on basic plus, then find it in windows file browser, right click and open with notepad, it should be somewhat human readable.

Those are the two biggest items I can think of to check between the two. By putting that code back into the registration window, it should have caused your PC to contact LOR, and their servers should have notifed your software that it is now basic plus instead of basic.

If you haven't yet, send an email to support AT lightorama DOT com. That often gets a much faster response from the LOR folks (usually Dan himself) than this forum does.

The license key is supposed to remain the same - you don't get a new one.

After receiving the notice that your license has been upgraded, did you go to the Sequence Editor's "Help / Upgrade Light-O-Rama"?

If so, after re-registering via that, did you close and reopen the Sequence Editor?

If so, after doing that, what does the blue bar on top of the Sequence Editor say?

The other thing is that if you save a sequence on basic plus, then find it in windows file browser, right click and open with notepad, it should be somewhat human readable.

Just to clear up a little possible confusion here:

The Basic version used to encrypt sequences, but starting with version 2.6.0, it no longer does. Only the unlicensed Demo version does now.

So, assuming that he has a relatively recent version of the software, this won't be a difference - both files made before the upgrade and files made after the upgrade should be (sort of) human readable.

Looks right on the phone. Will try to see if I can figure out what I was seeing next time I am in front of my home PC.

Tom Clapper wrote:

Here is a copy of the e-mail I recieved. No nothing works that didn't work with the basic software. In fact after looking at my original order the Key code is exactly the same as my original software purchase? Will I get another e-mail when they are open?

Subject: Your Light-O-Rama license information
>
> Thank you for upgrading your Light-O-Rama license from Basic
> to Basic Plus.
>
> To use your upgraded license, please open the Light-O-Rama Sequence
> Editor, click on the 'Help' menu, and select 'Upgrade Light-O-Rama'
> (or, if the computer is not already registered, 'Register Light-O-Rama').
>
> Copy and paste the following information in the window that opens:
>
> Deleted the code to post this
>
> The name is case-sensitive, so if you choose to type it instead of
> copying and pasting, please type all uppercase and lowercase
> letters exactly as you see them shown above.
>
> If your order included other licenses, you will receive separate
> emails for each of them.
>
> If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please contact
> Light-O-Rama licensing support (email software@lightorama.com, or
> phone 518-539-9000).
>
> Once again, thank you for using Light-O-Rama.
> --
> Light-O-Rama, Inc.
> http://lightorama.com
I remember when i put my code in i had a problem.I copied and pasted the code in and it then worked right.Just something to consider.

No something is up with my computer. When I clicked on the "register with lor tab" it gives me an error code, so I tried to register offline. However to get the NEW code for offline registartion I had to call lor. Dan took great care of me this morning. Thanks Dan and the lor crew!!

-klb- wrote:

I think the feature comparison page on the web site needs to be updated.

Nope.. 100% me... Apparently a combination of my memory of how it used to be, the headers being off screen by the time you get there, and confirmation bias....

Sorry!