Light-O-Rama Forums

Joining the first year gang

martyk

Hi All.

This is my first attempt at this sort of thing also, as I've noticed others are saying.I presented the idea of putting lights to music on the houses of our community Safety Town to our mayor and he supported me fully, even tho others didn't seem too thrilled. I had to keep costs minimal this year or we both may have been toasted.

I used a single 16 chanel controler, and ran the show with a mini director. There are 12 houses and 9 street lamps. One chanel per house and I split up the poles with the remaining 4 chanels. I used 100 count strings of mini lights with a total of 35 strings. Not quite as many lights as most shows I've seen.

I sequenced 11 songs to group as a show that ran continually between 4:30 and 10:00 pm every night. After the 11th song I inserted a 30 second static break with the houses flashing just before starting again. Some of the songs I did from scratch and some were premades that I did some extreme modifications to. The way the houses are laid out I had to or it didn't work too well. There were speakers in the trees for the adventurous interactive type, my preference, and I also put together an FM transmitter for the parking lot type of viewers.

Hopefully there will be some good feed back and I'll be able to do it bigger and better next season. I had a lot of fun with this project. Lots of programing (300-400 hours at least) but worth the fun.

Marty,

Independence, Ohio

Here are a couple of links, and you can also search YouTube, Independence Safety Town.

Santa Claus is Coming to Town -

Joy to the World -

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer -

Sure next year's show will be impressive but what you've been able to do with 16 channels is already awesome.

miaskiewicz christian wrote:

Sure next year's show will be impressive but what you've been able to do with 16 channels is already awesome.

Thanks. I viewed yours last week sometime, it's nice you were recognized with the contest win. Maybe some type of animation for me next season, the children might like that.

• 1 month later...

Marty

Nice work with 16 channels. My family told me about your work, other wise I wouldn't have known there was another show in town. I never saw a community announcement. I even walked the site checking out your wiring!!!!!!!

Steve

steve synek wrote:

Marty

Nice work with 16 channels.  My family told me about your work, other wise I wouldn't have known there was another show in town.  I never saw a community announcement.  I even walked the site checking out your wiring!!!!!!! 

Steve

Don't come check my wiring you would be really scared.:shock:

• The topic was locked