Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Talking Pumpkin Face

Trey Drysdale

I have been aiming to do this project fpor a very long time now and still haven't got around to doing it. I'm aimning to create one of those talking pumpkin faces that some LOR users have built, but I have a question:

Do you reckon the face would look good with regular incadescent lights rather than rope lighting?

I'm not very good with electricals (I'm only 15) so could someone also try and explain how you go through the process of cutting the right length of rope light for your face.

I live in the UK by the way, so most possibilities are limited where I am.

Thanks,

-Trey

I use mini lights to supplement rope light. From an observation point you can't tell the difference. From a setup point it is MUCH more difficult. I zip tie each bulb to the wire frame along the axis of the wire frame. This takes a LOT of small zip ties and wears on you fingers. The lights tend to slip out of the zip ties. I found that if you tie around the socket with some of the wire on the back side of the frame it helps. to keep the light consistant I lay the bulbs end to end as close to each other as possible. With 20 bulb strings you can do small sections of different colors that are to short for many rope lights.