Light-O-Rama Forums

Default errors when trying to open others sequences....? help?

carsonsig

ok, a great guy on here gave me his twisted christmas sequence, and I wanted to scope out the software... for next year....

downloaded it, and try to open his LMS files in sequence editor v 2.94 demo... it says file authentication failure...

I also bought one off ebay a while back and it says expected comment or processing instruction. I dont know if they are bad... or if the demo version wont open them or....? has anyone run into this before?

I had the same issue last week as I emailed a sequence to a member. He could not edit my file. I made a post under Sequences, but have not gotten a resolution yet. I wondering if the tracks can be copied and pasted on a new track, which would be creating a new file, and then being able to edit the new file after being emailed to a member.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum74/25655.html

"Expected comment or processing instruction" definitely means the sequence is corrupt. I would suggest trying to get another copy of it.

"Authentication error" I'm not sure of. Could you let me know exactly what the full error message says, word for word, and exactly when it occurs? Thanks.

Hey Bob,
I haven't seen this error myself. I sent a sequence to member TJ Hvasta last week. He reported back to me that he could open my file, but could not edit it.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum74/25626.html

I am trying to understand why and is there something I can do to be able to share my work.

I will email the file to you if you wish.

I suspect that that also is an indication that the sequence file is corrupt. Again, I would suggest trying to get a fresh copy of it. If that does not help, please send a copy of the file to me (bob@lightorama.com) so that I can take a look at it. Thanks.

I redownloaded them from gmail a few times, and it worked.... I think when they compress the attachment, uncompress it and save it, it fanugled it... thanks for your advice!!