Light-O-Rama Forums

Mobile Black Box V6000 FM Transmitter

StephenJTaylor7

This year i decided it was time to get a new transmitter since the one (Whole House FM transmitter 2.0) I had died. I've been researching transmitters and the Mobile Blackbox Transmitter caught my eye. Does anybody else use this? Is it reliable, durable? How long is the antenna? Does it get good range? There's only fifty feet from my garage to the street so I dont need a thousand feet of range.

Also, is there any other transmitter you would recommend? I'm looking to spend between 100 and 150 dollars.

-Stephen

I use the V4000, and It works great. I get a range of about 1/2 a mile crystal clear, and over 1 mile with a little static, before it becomes to bad to listen to.

Keep in mind the v6000 is not stereo.

Solofilmmaker wrote:

Stereo? I've seen that term before but I never really took the time to figure out what it meant.

Mono sound vs stereo sound ... better quality.

Dave

Currently there are two EDM's for sale on Planet Christmas in Dasher's Diner, one new and one used. Good buy on either one. I have used the EDM LCD now for two years and get about 2 square blocks with just the attn. that was provided with the unit.

Earle