Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR SCHEDULE EDITOR

Ed Smith

I'm using the show scheduler to run shows 7 nights a week. I'm running the same show every night, about 20 musical sequences, set to play in order starting at 5:30PM running thru Midnight. Seems that just on Saturday, the show starts, but the 1st song keeps playing over and over. I've tried re-starting the computer but that doesn't help. The only difference in scheduling, is that on Saturday & Sunday, I also run the same show (for 15 min) at noon & at 3PM as a test. (but the Sunday show plays fine). My only solution is to re-save the show that is scheduled, but changing it from "play in order" to "shuffle". Any thoughts?
Thanks, Ed

Ed,

What version of the software are you using? I recall that there was an issue with an earlier version that did something like that but it has been fixed for quite some time.

Dan

There have been two bug fixes regarding problems with this symptom:

Version 2.5.2 fixed a bug where if there was some sequence in your show's Musical section that couldn't be played for some reason, then in some situations, the first sequence in the Musical section would play over and over.

Version 2.5.6 fixed a bug where if a show was scheduled to start on Saturday and end on Sunday, instead of playing through, it would constantly shut down and restart. What exactly this would cause it to behave like depends on how the show is set up, but for many shows, it would mean that the first song would play over and over.

So, if you have a version earlier than 2.5.6, I would suggest either upgrading or changing the Saturday show to end at 11:59 instead of at midnight. If that fails to help, I would suggest checking the log, and also the output of the Verifier.

• 5 months later...

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the reply. I checked and I am using version 2.5.2. Is there a place on the LightoRama site where I can do an update? All I found was upGRADE. I already bought the Advanced version in 2009 when I originally got it.
Thanks, Ed

Ed Smith wrote:

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the reply. I checked and I am using version 2.5.2. Is there a place on the LightoRama site where I can do an update? All I found was upGRADE. I already bought the Advanced version in 2009 when I originally got it.
Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed,

You can download the most recent software version here:
http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

You can check your license level here:
http://www.lightorama.com/LicenseRetrieval.html