Light-O-Rama Forums

CDI ??

Tom Clapper

Ok I'm a newbie and have seen several people post that they buy there lights from CDI. What is CDI as I have tried to look it up and came to several different places.

Christmas Depot, Christmas Designers, Creative Displays, Christmas Decor...etc. Also do they have a good sale scheduled.

Otherwise does anyone know where i can find these items...

10 boxes - 25ct C9 LED Reds, 10 Boxes - 25ct C9 LED Greens, 12-18 boxes - 100ct Red minis, 12-18 boxes 100ct Green Minis. Which leads me to my final question...36" Mini trees that will have white, red, and green, incandesants on them...200 of each or 300 of each??

Thanks for any answers..this site has been great!!

Creative Displays is having their spring presale right now. Here is their presale page that will let you look at what they have to offer. One thing to note is that they sell by the case on the sale so you may have to get a couple of extra strings of one color to make a case (12 strings), but from the looks of your list that should be no problem and it will let you have an extra spare of two strings in case something goes wrong with one or you see a spot that needs more lights.

http://www.creativedisplays.com/Site...=Announcements

As far as the mini trees, I have 42" trees that are made from frames from Suprtec Novelties:

http://www.christmas-leds.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=MIN-TR-43

and I use G12 LEDs on them. I use 140 of each color of red, green, blue, and pure white and they are super bright. I actually have to run them dimmed most of the time so that they don't wash out other things in the display. I'm very happy with the way they look.

http://www.longlakelights.com/mt.jpg
So I would think that 200 of each color in incandescents on your 36" trees would be more than adequate.

Bill

Ok thanks, I will plan on 200 of each color of incandesant minis on the mini trees.;)

I did look at the CDI site but still haven't found what I want. I know alot of you buy commercial grade lights but I'm just fine with the box store cheapies, especially for the minis. I have looked all over but just can't find anything. I bought my white mins at walmart for $2.00 a box before any sales. Is there anyplace that sell lights like that all year. Even if I had to pay $3-$4 for a string of 100 count reds and greens that would be fine but I'm not paying $10.00 a string for incandesant minis. Anyone else know of anywhere or do I have to wait till after halloween next year to get my minis wrapped??:{

Tom Clapper wrote:

I have looked all over but just can't find anything. I bought my white mins at walmart for $2.00 a box before any sales. Is there anyplace that sell lights like that all year.

Not that I have ever seen online

Tom Clapper wrote:

Ok thanks, I will plan on 200 of each color of incandesant minis on the mini trees.:)

I did look at the CDI site but still haven't found what I want. I know alot of you buy commercial grade lights but I'm just fine with the box store cheapies, especially for the minis. I have looked all over but just can't find anything. I bought my white mins at walmart for $2.00 a box before any sales. Is there anyplace that sell lights like that all year. Even if I had to pay $3-$4 for a string of 100 count reds and greens that would be fine but I'm not paying $10.00 a string for incandesant minis. Anyone else know of anywhere or do I have to wait till after halloween next year to get my minis wrapped??:{

I bought wire and ends from CDI, but all my lights (incans) came from christmas depot..they had the best prices for the quantities I wanted, and delivery was prompt. Did one order in may/june timeframe, bigger order in late July.