Light-O-Rama Forums

Best Display Lights

magish01

2011 will be my first year!!! Will be starting with 16 channel. I will be making 2 1/2 ft tall mini trees, by wrapping tomato cages. Which light type would display the best M5 mini or wide angle conical.

Great forum...Thanks for your help

Welcome to the insane-a-sylum!

As a virgin too, I did my mini trees with floral easels from Michaels (Arts & Crafts store). They were like $3 ea, 36" I wrapped these mini's with 210 (3 strands, 70ct) and they are the 5mm. The look can be viewed from any angle. Here's a quick photo

155429_469695839588_328124109588_5371282_1960910_n.jpg

I like G12 LEDs on my mini trees. They really "pop" and shine nicely.

I use 42" tall frames from Val at Suprtec Novelties with strings of garland wrapped on first and then 2 - 70 count strings each of red, green, blue, and pure white.

mt.jpg

Thanks for welcome and the input everyone! Looks like I am in for a great time designing, building and SPENDING!

magish01 wrote:

Thanks for welcome and the input everyone! Looks like I am in for a great time designing, building and SPENDING!

Look at your date joined, look at my date joined. It took me that long to put it all together :shock: ... Your in for it, LOL

magish01 wrote:

2011 will be my first year!!! Will be starting with 16 channel. I will be making 2 1/2 ft tall mini trees, by wrapping tomato cages. Which light type would display the best M5 mini or wide angle conical.

Great forum...Thanks for your help

As you can tell so far, there is not a real answer to your question. (5mm, C6 and G12 have been used, and I vote for M6 LEDs

The question is, What kind of lights do YOU prefer, after all they are YOUR trees!

Build them the way you and your family want them to be.

It all depends on you taste and what you like. After all it is your display. I used g12 on my mini trees. on my tall mini trees I have 800 on them and the little 24 inch trees have 400. Under my how to page you can see them. Or you can watch my videos. Whatever you choose will be fine.