Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Grid Size

rjnitto

I'm using Sequence Editor 2.8.10. Started to create a new musical sequence for 2011. Selected the media file and wanted to have a grid size of 250 x 250. It would not let me put in a any value for rows or columns larger than 200. Dialog box would say "Invalid number for Rows (or Columns). Please enter a number from 1 to 200".

I opened up a sequence from 2010 and could not increase the size of the animation screen beyond 200 x 200.

Now I've seen other peoples' sequences that have waaaaay more rows or columns. I opened up one that had 250 rows and 500 columns, but when I tried to modify it, it also would not let me go beyond the 200 limit. I've tried the zoom slider but that only makes the grid blocks bigger or smaller. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure it is something simple. Tried this on both my desktop and laptop with same results.

Richard

I could be way out in left field here, but I think I remember (phew) reading somewhere that the limit for live entry in the field is 200 x 200. When you assign a background image, the size is based on the resolution of the assigned image.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong . . . it just won't let YOU tell it to be any finer.

Anybody else?

Mine is over 200 on each direction. I dont recall hearing about the issue before. Sorry no help there.

Reminder: Dan has said in another post that the new animation window software upgrade is coming 'soon'.

It will be a layered window with movable objects. Which means you can draw an arch as an object and then nudge it around instead of redrawing it. You can decide which object will be on top if they overlap.
I am holding my re-draws for this new tool.

When you import a picture on the left there is a + and - buttons. Use those to get get a smaller grid size with more squares. I did a rough template for this year since I am moving everything around. I am waiting for the new software to do a good drawing.Wondering when it will come out.

If you open the sequence with a text editor, you can modify the size of the animation window.

Standard Disclaimer: Try it on a backup copy first. May ruin your sequence. Not responsible for errors. Content of cup may be hot.

I have no idea either. The size limitations haven't changed (I'm guessing) since the early days of the program. Back then, 200x200 was quite large. Now, not so much.

I'm also eager to see what the new animation window holds.