Light-O-Rama Forums

Neighbors

ShaggySS

crackchecker wrote:

I walked out my front door and into about six photos and two video cam shots.

I have walked outside with a lot of traffic before and been captured in several videos. And I don't like my picture taken!

Sorta feels like you are up on a stage and everyone is watching you instead of the 256 channels of blinking lights.:P

Brandon Kibler wrote:

crackchecker wrote:

I have walked outside with a lot of traffic before and been captured in several videos. And I don't like my picture taken!

Sorta feels like you are up on a stage and everyone is watching you instead of the 256 channels of blinking lights.:D

My family is mortified by all the attention. My wife refuses to come and go out of our garage during the time the lights are on for fear somebody will see our messy garage. I'm not that crazy about it either, but I feel its more of disruption to the people watching the show. If we know we are going to be leaving after the show starts we usually park our car a couple of houses down the block and walk to it leaving thru the front door. Same thing when we come home. We usually park down the block and wait for a break in the traffic, and then race to get in the garage and the door down before more cars arrive. If there appears to be no break, we usually just park the car where it is and walk to the house, and I better damn well have the key ready. LOL

My 19 year old son on the other hand is the one that really makes me laugh. If he has to leave when there are cars out front, he will go out the back door, jump the fence into our neighbors yard and go out through their gate to the front of the house to his car.

I don't make a habit of walking around out front during the show, but if I have to I will. Usually somebody will roll their window down and tell me what a cool thing it is and how much they enjoy it. Good ego booster.

jim6918 wrote:

Brandon Kibler wrote:
crackchecker wrote:

Sorta feels like you are up on a stage and everyone is watching you instead of the 256 channels of blinking lights.:D

If we know we are going to be leaving after the show starts we usually park our car a couple of houses down the block and walk to it leaving thru the front door. Same thing when we come home. We usually park down the block and wait for a break in the traffic, and then race to get in the garage and the door down before more cars arrive. If there appears to be no break, we usually just park the car where it is and walk to the house, and I better damn well have the key ready. LOL

LOL!

We do the same thing, but most of the time we can't get in our driveway from show start to show end. So we have no choose, but to park a couple of houses down and either walk and go thru the front door or wait in the car for a break in traffic.

Most of the time though we avoid leaving the house when the show is running.

Brandon Kibler wrote:

Seems we become our own prisoners to the show....

crackchecker wrote:

Brandon Kibler wrote:

Seems we become our own prisoners to the show....
we tend to park our vehicles in the cul-de-sac (it is on the left of our property). my better half says I do that so that no notices I haven't washed the truck in a while.