Light-O-Rama Forums

LIghts on Neff Circle! Our first year! YAY!!

disney-fan-reborn

This year was our first Christmas with synchronized lights to music. In previous years, I only had 1,200 lights on a static display (tree and roof line). This year, because all the neighbors kept asking what I was going to do to follow up my HUGELY popular Jack-o-Lantern arch (see it here...

), I broke down and did a Christmas light show at the last minute! I literally was sequencing songs up until the week of Christmas. I had three songs to go at the beginning of December, and kept sequencing until I had 8 total songs. I did two shows with 5 songs each with a five minute break between each show. I tried to get the word out the best I could to neighbors, friends, business associates, family, and the like, but I still only got about 5-10 visitors per night. One of my friends even called the local radio talk show, without me knowing, and told them about my display and gave my address over the air! Haha!

Anyway, those who saw it REALLY liked it! I only had 5,700 lights in my display with 24 channels running. I use all incandescent lights, with the exception of two Mighty Mini RGB+W floods on my house. Below are the links to the YouTube videos of my display! Let me know what you think!

- Radio intro and "Jingle Bells?" - Barbara Streisand

- THX intro and "Wizards in Winter" - TSO

- "What Can You Get a Wookie For Christmas?" - Star Wars: Christmas in the Stars

- "Pretty Paper" - Willie Nelson (my brother sequenced this song. Having never seen the program before, and with a little direction from me, he sequenced it in 3 hours!)

- "I'll Be Home for Christmas" - Jackie Gleason

- "Little Saint Nick" - The Muppets

I also did "Blue Christmas" by Elvis, and "Joy to the World" by Manheim Steamroller. Just don't have video of those on YouTube. Sorry.
  • Like 1

For as little as you had, you did a beautiful job. Everything is placed very nicely in your yard and the lights on your house are perfect.

You guys definitely got the maximum from the minimum. Nice job. Should be interesting to see what happens down the road with a few more lights and a few more channels...

Now there's 2 Disney Fan Reborn on here :shock: ... I think you did a very good job! Short on time/controllers/lights etc... I'll give you an "A" Very clean display...Keep up the good work and go get some more ext cords :)

Really nice job for not many channels. Loved the intro. From a huge star wars fan thought that the wookie was cool. Just remember to get another job with this hobby. It's going to cost you. LOL. Heck I had to upgrade to captain this year just to keep expanding.

martinjc wrote:

I think you did a great job, very nice, and now you're hooked. This was my first year as well. I do have a question, what camcorder did you use, I think the video came out great!

I used my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ4 camera set to movie mode. I can't capture the videos off my video camera, so I had to use my photo camera to shoot the videos.

I think you did a supercalifragillysticxpaladotois job

not sure if that is spelled right but you get the picture

• 3 years later...

Would like a copy of the LOR sequence you did to Willie Nelson and Pretty Paper, thanks.

Please send to

charles.harger@sbcglobal.net

Thanks so much and have a great 2014 holiday season!!

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a possibility of getting a copy of the sequence for the song you did for Willie, pretty paper?

I have the song already.

Thanks so much and have a great 2014 Holiday season.

Send to charles.harger@sbcglobal.net

• The topic was locked