Light-O-Rama Forums

Display signs

Joe Faggione

Joe Faggione wrote:

All the signs say " TUNE TO 88.7 FM" . Five people asked what that ment...

Your profile doesn't say where you're from, but you've got some really dumb people around there - even worse than in Minnesota. The good news is that they're easily entertained. The bad news is that they're part of the gene pool.

If I have to tell them WHAT to tune, I hope they're ready to hear some of my possible suggestions...

I use both a transmitter and speakers. Steven is right - if it's real cold they'll pretty much stay in their vehicle. But if it's above 20 or so lots of people get out and boogie. Plus, we spend quite a bit of time watching from across the street and we want to hear the tunes too.

We played music outside (boombox) on the three nights we had horse drawn carriage rides ... which led to my daughters and the neighbor kids dancing outside as well. Then they figured out to bring their own boomboxes outside ... and danced some more ... of course while parents are watching. Most nights were chilly (like 32 or less) ... but they loved it. One night, a viewer even tipped every kid $5 for the good dancing. Argh, strange things can happen with music in the yard, but great memories for the kids! I still stand by the statement that no matter what you say on the sign, someone won't 'get it'. I think Phil' sign is really nice, but to me being able to see from a block away is a requirement for traffic management on a cul de sac.