Light-O-Rama Forums

Vixen or LOR2 Software

Sabre03

[align=left]Price is not a concern. Which software do you prefer? I'm a simple person that likes simple programs. I have no computer program skills or background. This is my first year and need some direction. I'll be using LE's and if I go with LOR software I will just buy the converter thingy. I'm not sure that I will be able to make my own light shows from scratch, if thats the case, LOR seems to have more sequences that I can download and customize for my display than Vixen, Is this correct? What do you guys Like and why? and as far as simplicety which is easier? I played with LOR a little bit , and so far can not figure out how to open Vixen once i downloaded it.[/align]

I like the S2 software, main reason is I use a show director, and LOR is the only software that works with it. I don't have to run a computer, just pop in the sd card and away it goes. That's just my opinion. Plus the fact I've used it for 3 years now, and like the way it handles. You are going to use the Express's, so to run LOR, you will also need an iDMX to output DMX.

Well, you're on the LOR forum, so I think you will find us just a bit biased towards LOR.

All I can say is that LOR is a great product and that Dan and company and all the people on this forum will help you get through any problem that arises.