Light-O-Rama Forums

Best Compliment

shfr26

Yesterday during takedown I had a car stop with a father and little girl about 7 years old stop and asked a few questions. After I explained to the father what was involved, he stated, Too much work for me. I'll just drive here to see it. He said he just loved it but just too much work for him. At that point the little girl, who was very smiley up to that point, looked at her dad and them me without a smile anymore and asked me "Can I move in here at the Christmas house?" That is why we all do this! It put a big ole smile on my face. I told her that she was welcome to back as often as she wanted to, to see the lights, but I think dad would miss her too much if she moved in here. She finally agreed and left with dad, smiling once again.

The local police came by last night during our takedown. They thanked us for putting forth the effort to be in the Christmas spirit and entertain our small town. They said that they stop by each night on patrol, parked, and just watch and listen. "It brings a little tranquility to my mind, and I relax some." This is why we do it!!!!

Great to bring joy to everyone in such a busy season. We had a couple came by several times, they told us they didn't have any money for entertainment this year, so they came by to see our lights for their entertainment.

jajohnson wrote:

The local police came by last night during our takedown...

That's one of the other things about this hobby - how it broadens our horizons. Usually it's the police doing the takedowns...