Light-O-Rama Forums

MIDI Wizard

Dennis Eaton

Started to work through a sequence and found that the MIDI Wizard was shaded out

After reading up I was under the impression that the only audio files that would work were MP3.

Am I all wet here any help would be very appreciated

Dennis Eaton wrote:

Started to work through a sequence and found that the MIDI Wizard was shaded out

After reading up I was under the impression that the only audio files that would work were MP3.

Am I all wet here any help would be very appreciated

All License levels allow midi in demo, except the advanced which allows full control of a midi sequence.

The following audio file types are supported by LOR:

aif, aifc, aiff, mid, midi, mi, mp2, mp3, mpa, au, snd, wav, wma.

Video files supported are:

avi, mpe, mpeg, mpg, miv, asf, wm, wmv

Dennis Eaton wrote:

Thanks I purchased the Advanced up grade and still the MIDI is shaded out sounds like I have an issue with my download.

Thanks again

When you create a new music sequence, you have to select a midi audio file first, then select Use Midi Wizard in the Initial Timings section, and the shading will go away.

Dennis Eaton wrote:

Thanks again

Now for the stupid ? were do you find these files

Looked on the internet and feel like I stuck my head in a Hornets Nest

Cheeze

Nothing simple any more

Thanks again

MIDI files?

Put Midi files in Google search. Probably will return 2,260,000 results (or did for me just now)

So you join the "hornets" in their nest, and pick and choose the midi files you want. As you found, they are very popular and are everywhere.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been doing LOR for about 5 years, and I think like everyone else avoided the MIDI Wizard because it looks too complicated. I have yet to find a tutorial about it, and there really aren't many forum posts about it either.

I think if we could learn how to use it we could do more with our shows, since we wouldn't have to spend the time working on timings, or at least that is what it looks like to me.

If anyone has any advice on how to learn it, I would love to hear it.