Light-O-Rama Forums

When do yoy stop your display?

testraub

The Wife and I are at odds. I want to run the display (without the outside speakers after Jan 1) thru Jan 8th (which I have told to several people). The FM would continue til then. When do most of you stop your display? I was born Jan, 6th..so planned on running at least thru then, but since thats a Thursday, planned on running at least til that Sat. Any input is good.

Thanks

Tom Straub

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Roberson

• PaulXmas

• Bob Wingert

• huskernut

Last year was my first and I just could not bring myself to pull the plug till after a full week in Jan. This year I will end it on Sunday the 2nd.

But I think I can understand your desire to run it a few days after your birthday. Bet you go out and watch it on your birthday.

My last night is usually Dec 31st. This year I might just fire it up on Saturday night and see if anyone shows up to watch.

St Pattys Day :P ... We extended our food drive until 1/9, I think thats a Sunday. The lights will run through that night. Will be dark on 1/10 :(

New Years eve night is the last show for me. But I will be doing some testing the next night to see if doubling my rainbow floods will help my brightness in a couple of areas and I have 1 controller where the leds would never shut all the way off but would glow dimly even if the show wasn't on. I am going to tear it apart and resolder everything to see if that helps before sending it to Dan. It behaved normally during the show just never would go 100% off. Those same leds would be off when plugged into another controller and the hot and neutrals were not plugged in wrong.

My show will run until midnight on Dec 31st.

At midnight all the lights will twinkle for 5 minutes and then go off untill Dec 1st 2011.

Tear down starts Jan 1st : (