Light-O-Rama Forums

the dreded take down

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Ok if I wasn't leaving for holidays to sunny Florida I would be leaving my display up untill the new year however I managed to get most of my stuff in and put away there will be no video this year and I will not be entering the contests as my display was nice but not like I wanted it, so I take this time to wish everyone a Happy New Year and have fun with the take down will check the forum in two weeks

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ok if I wasn't leaving for holidays to sunny Florida I would be leaving my display

What???? Rain on and off all day, windy as all get out, temp about 46, down to 25 tonight. What part of sunny Florida you talking about Don??

shfr26 wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Ok if I wasn't leaving for holidays to sunny Florida I would be leaving my display

What???? Rain on and off all day, windy as all get out, temp about 46, down to 25 tonight. What part of sunny Florida you talking about Don??

AMEN to that, it sucks here right now I have had to go and get a few things in due to the winds over here on the east side. :shock::cool:

Since most of his relatives live in the USA maybe he might move to those warmer climates.

I think he would rather get rain & 70F temps than sit here in Alberta in-20F temps.

shfr26 wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Hope you're staying at least until mid-week to see a little sunshine...mid 70s by Thursday.

Mid 50's here in Peoria 30th, 31st just in time for take down of the display. That means the snow will be gone. I will be able to find the controllers. Will have the entire display gone the new years weekend. I took the 1st to 3rd off. cant pass up a weekend with no snow on the ground.

I wont be entering the contest this year also the video i recorded did not come out as well as I wanted it to and durring our wind storm 2 days ago it broke a few decorations easy fixes but I need to get parts so my last day of my display was on the 25th oh well the weather man says it is supposed to be semi warm this weekend so that will be the take down / pressure wash day. On a side note I mised lowes sale the shelves were empty supposely the sale was on the 24th same day I went people must have got up before me so I went to walmart on the 26 at 7 am and got a few led sets on sale.

Last year at this time I had to use a skidster to move snow so people could even see any of my display. This year we got rain for a solid week. Now that there is a break in between storms I took advantage of it and took all of my display down today. It is not all put away but at least it is inside of my shop and will go into my storage loft.

The temps here were only in the 30's but it sure beats what the east has been getting right now.

Happy new years everybody. Onward and forward to bigger and better displays next year. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Don Gillespie

Ok just got back from sunny Florida went to Sannibel Island and my brother took us fishing in Naples, from there went to Disney all in all a good trip now to get back to work on this years display adding numerous elements thisyear just need to work on my wife to get three or four more controllers and a whole bunch of lights from CDI

After the holiday this is going to be fun, spent way to much on this holiday told wife she needs to get a part time job to pay for my christmas stuff the doctor said I can use my left arm in a week or so LOL glad to be back

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ok just got back from sunny Florida went to Sannibel Island and my brother took us fishing in Naples, from there went to Disney all in all a good trip now to get back to work on this years display adding numerous elements thisyear just need to work on my wife to get three or four more controllers and a whole bunch of lights from CDI

After the holiday this is going to be fun, spent way to much on this holiday told wife she needs to get a part time job to pay for my christmas stuff the doctor said I can use my left arm in a week or so LOL glad to be back

Not sure if it is still there..but the Sanibel Steakhouse is still one of the best kept restaurant secrets in all of Florida..

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Guest Don Gillespie

DonFL wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Not sure if it is still there..but the Sanibel Steakhouse is still one of the best kept restaurant secrets in all of Florida..

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

I used to live on Sanibel back in the day we don't know if you remember Scotties resteraunt they call it Jacarandas now great place we really didn't eat out a whole bunch visited with my family who lives there but if you want a unbeleivable place to eat go to the Bubble room on Captiva it is good to be home though nothing beats your own bed