Light-O-Rama Forums

Posting to YouTube

mhammond1

Does anyone else have this problem as much as I do? I can't upload Wizards, White Christmas, Boogie Woogie Santa, or Linus and Lucy. I keep getting a copyright violations and YouTube blocks the page. I see other people upload the same video's. How do they do it?

the reason mine are not taken down is because i emailed youtube my license agreement with BMI.

others may not be taken down because the audio has been edited to be different than the original, you tube uses software to detect audio tracks and if they are copyrighted or not

mhammond1 wrote:

Does anyone else have this problem as much as I do? I can't upload Wizards, White Christmas, Boogie Woogie Santa, or Linus and Lucy. I keep getting a copyright violations and YouTube blocks the page. I see other people upload the same video's. How do they do it?

Try posting under "Non-profit" on YouTube.

I have 13 videos on YouTube but most of my songs are not main stream plus I received permission to use them.

Or try Vimeo.

mhammond1 wrote:

What kind of letter? Do others have this same type of letter? Is it worth an individual like me getting one?

I'll tell you right getting that little peice of paper from BMI cost's me arount $650 a year.

not worth it for you unless you plan on going commercial. take everyones advice and use vimeo instead