Light-O-Rama Forums

Mattson Lights 2010 Videos - BC, Canada

Paul29

Great display. How difficult is it to make the shooting star effect? It looks like you have different size stars put together.

I loved the Miami to Atlanta song.

How did you get the lights on the roof safely?

Thanks,

shempster wrote:

Great display. How difficult is it to make the shooting star effect? It looks like you have different size stars put together.

I loved the Miami to Atlanta song.

How did you get the lights on the roof safely?

Thanks,

Yes, there are 4 channels that make up each star, and they progressively increase in diameter. I got the idea from Joe Noe at Crooks Christmas. He posted a how-to on Planet Christmas: http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php/29530-My-Firework-Shooting-Stars-More-info-on-them.

We did ours a little differently. Instead of using welded frames, we used plywood and cut out stars to roughly the size of the outer star. Then we traced on each of the four stars and drilled holes for each of the lights. After that I just poked each of the lights through one-by-one. Lots of time spent making them but I feel it was worth it.

The lights on the roof are stapled to 1x2's and tied to the other side of the roof cap with thin rope. We have an aluminum roof so it was basically our only option.

Nice to see some body from BC Getting it done! Looks great! love all the aspects of your display. Clean and not over the top! Very nice.
Would love to see some day time pics of your display!
Very nice and superbly sequenced!

-Evan

• The topic was locked