Light-O-Rama Forums

Go Get 'em in 2011!

Tim Fischer

Now that Christmas 2010 is over and the season is winding to a close - I just wanted to be among the first to wish everyone an amazing 2011 decorating season. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for next year!

Hope everyone has a good final stretch for this year (for those of us who still run for a week or so) as well.

-Tim

My only question is when in 2011 you're going to have your yard dug out? Holy cow! Sharon and I took a jaunt down to see your display a few days ago (one of the nights you were cruising around looking at other displays) and I was just floored at the snow y'all have down there. Talk about a traffic fustercluck through those narrow streets. I can see why your neighbor might be a bit cranky... Nice looking display though - at least the parts we could see. :D

That had to be pretty cool to see Tim's display George.

There are several lor users in my area only 3 of us did animated displays. and mine is not really extravegant. I don't have the cash flow you guys must have ... least i got spirit!

Actually i am not sure the "other guy" was using LOR or not, but it was animated, swear he was the king of blow up dolls... er i mean blow up decorations... it was a cool display. You guys prolly bounce ideas back and forth

Have you guys messed with x -10 modules? do you know if there is a forum section discussing? i havbent seen much about them. I was told they dont work far distances away and i was thinking about using a couple for this purpose eliminating extension cords and controlling lights on a couple of my buildings.

( chicken coup) :shock:

just kidding!

I hate to waste a LOR channel just for shutting something on and off periodically.

I'm gonna have my brother keep an eye on my local craigslist for x-mas deco now that the season is nearly over

I'm also gonna load my lor on another computer for next year so i have back up. my current computer I nursed though this season i am in dire need to wipe it clean and do a fresh install darn thing!

George Simmons wrote:

My only question is when in 2011 you're going to have your yard dug out? Holy cow! Sharon and I took a jaunt down to see your display a few days ago (one of the nights you were cruising around looking at other displays) and I was just floored at the snow y'all have down there. Talk about a traffic fustercluck through those narrow streets. I can see why your neighbor might be a bit cranky... Nice looking display though - at least the parts we could see. :D

Yeah it was pretty ridiculous this year- part of me was tempted just to shut the whole thing down. Normally the streets are almost a full lane wider but with all the snow they're way too narrow this year. Fortunately most nights the traffic was much lighter than the days leading up to Christmas so it normally wasn't too bad of an issue. As for digging out the lawn - pretty much impossible when you have an average of 2-3 feet everywhere. Next year I'm going to try to raise some things up a bit but then we probably won't get any snow at all and it will just look silly :)

We did make it up to your display last Tuesday... It was awesome as usual. I would have knocked on the door like you offered, but we didn't get up there until after 9:30 and by the time we watched for awhile, etc. decided I'd better get the kids back home as they had school the next morning :)