Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and Monkey Basic TrackSkull

mrduncan

Can you provide some idea on how to write such a conversion program? Does anyone else have a conversation program they can send me?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Great news from Christmas Jim on his Excel conversion for Trackskull and LOR.

I had a little trouble getting Trackskull to work and getting servos to operate correctly, so I wanted to post a couple of screenshots that show settings to help others out...

This first shot is the main Trackskull screen. For puppet mode to work and control your servos, I was able to get it to work with 3 different LOR USB485 dongle flavors with these settings: DMX 8bit Controller, and ENTTEC_Open Port.

I also tested the setup with an Enttec Pro and it also works once you change the port setting to "Enttec Pro"...

The next photo shows the puppet mode settings...

Attached files 317563=17314-Trackskull01.jpg

This shot has the most important settings to get puppet mode to work properly...

The middle section contains the Joystick Servo Parameters. The defaults will not work correctly (at least they didn't with my Hitec servos) as the numerical range was too large and the servos would do some funky "overrange" movements.

But everything started working much better when I changed the range to go from 5 to 250, with a default of 128. It would really workokay with a range from 1 to 255, but I limited the range a bit to prevent the servos from getting to the extreme settings. Maybe that isn't necessary, but these numbers work well and provide smooth movement....

Note that Servo #0 in the Trackskull software corresponds to Servodog Servo #1...

Enjoy!

Attached files 317564=17315-Trackskull02.jpg

Here's a video that shows our 2012 Snowman just coming to life with the servos....It's not supposed to be synced with the music, I just added that after the fact....

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd restart this thread.

Latest version of TrackScull (ver 1.3.4.1) has buttons to save as LOR or LOR(DMX) output. I downloaded the 10 day demo.

Not ready for prime time apparently, as it doesn't work with my Saitek joystick and won't work with the new TrackIR 5 camera. TrackIR 4 cameras are no longer available.

Besides that, it only seems to export in VSA mode. It crashes when I try and save either LOR format.

Anyone have better luck than me?

Haven't played with VSA, but was experimenting with the new monkeybasic and LOR at first I was entering the same servo parameters as the servodog utility, for example 500 start 1000 default and 2000 max, but servos chatterred-not in a good way. Then I put in percentages min 0 default 50 max 100 and they worked much better. I used the Track 4 pro from natural point, it seemed to export well, but due to travel only have 1 skeleton done in one song.

Good luck

Mike