Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Glitch?

MrBiteMe4

The new 2.9.4 upgrade works great, however I noticed that after a show plays you cant disable it. The show also won't start the next day on its own.

This problem is solved with a restart of the computer, but what if I'm not home till late. Never had this problem before. HMMM...

I'm running W7 with 8gb ram, i7 processor.

Thanks

Sorry. Christmastime and all.

Do you mean when a scheduled show plays within the scheduler, you can't then disable the shows?

So, if you have your "Nightly-Show.lss" file scheduled from 7p-10p, it will run from those times? After 10p, you then can't disable the shows at all?

Are you able to stop the LORTray.exe process, and restart LOR?

I am running the same version

I am not haveing that problem

you could try reinstalling lor

but before you do that I would try to use the lor registry cleaner?

Is the problem that the show jsut wont start at the schduled time?

If so what hapens when u just unplug the data cable from the the computer, wait several seconds and plug it back in. Does the show start then?? If so, it most likely is noise on the data cable. Re-route the data cable away from any power cords. That was my problem this year. I re-located my show computer this year not even thinking about the usb/cat5 cable routing being a problem. Every night I had to re-boot my computer because the lor control panel in the system tray would lock up. Then determined that unplugging usb cable would also solve problem.My show has started on time every night in Dec since I re-routed the usb/cat5 cable.

Hope this helps

Don wrote:

Sorry. Christmastime and all.

Do you mean when a scheduled show plays within the scheduler, you can't then disable the shows?

So, if you have your "Nightly-Show.lss" file scheduled from 7p-10p, it will run from those times? After 10p, you then can't disable the shows at all?

Are you able to stop the LORTray.exe process, and restart LOR?

Don,

The show will start after a fresh re-boot of the computer for that day. After the shows starts and plays that night, (flawlessly I might add), the next day if I dont re-boot my computer, it won't start the show.

Also when I try to disable and then enable the show again I can't. I then re=boot and all is well. Minor nuisance, so fortunately I'm not gone 2 days in a row...LOL.

I've been using LOR for 4 years and had virtually no issues. This only started when I upgraded to 2.9.4.

Happy New Year

PS: I can also unload the tray and reload it and that works, but thats almost like a re-boot of the computer, just does'nt take as long:shock:

Going along the lines of what rmturner is talking about .. the new version and/or newer computers seem to be more sensitive to USB line noise than in the past. LOR is now shipping USB cables with 3 noise filters on the cables to help reduce this problem.

Don't know if that applies here, but it sounds like something to check.

Do you think it could be a registry issue? I did some checking today and discoverd that the problem doesnt occur until the show runs. I can enable and disable with no problem after a re-boot, but once the show starts on schedule, its re-boot or unload time again for the next day.

But what the hay, we'll work it out for next year.:cool:

Thanks for the feedback

Don wrote:

Going along the lines of what rmturner is talking about .. the new version and/or newer computers seem to be more sensitive to USB line noise than in the past. LOR is now shipping USB cables with 3 noise filters on the cables to help reduce this problem.

Don't know if that applies here, but it sounds like something to check.

ATTENTION! After further review, you guys are correct. It was the unfiltered USB cable from the computer. This is the first year with my new laptop running the show. Appearently the newer computer USB's are more sensitive as you said.

Thanks for the help!

Happy New Year:cool:

I built a new desktop this year and had all kinds of headaches (more than I care to remember). I tested everything known to man and I think it truly is something to do with the chipset that is controlling the USB port. The machine worked flawless except for running my show.

Luckily I have a trusty laptop to use for now. Next year I'll try again with whatever new software and hardware LOR suggest and see what happens.

Yes I even have double ferrite chokes (both ends) on my USB cable. I guess then I should have put three on each end. You have got to be kidding right? :)