Light-O-Rama Forums

My Display on YouTube

Redbirdruss

That is awesome!
I can't imagine how many hours you spend putting that together. I have 96 channels and obout 20K lights and it seemed like I spent months just sequencing. Next year I am adding a Super Wreath and either a Mega Tree or some leaping arches.
Merry Christmas!

Funny you should ask. I haven't actually ever seen one but I doubt I am the first one to think of it.

The one I am going to build is approx 8'-10' in diameter and uses 64 channels to control 16 sections. Each section has four seperate colors.

I haven't done the math yet to figure out how much it is going to weigh or how to mount it but I have been working with a few drawings and test several types of materials.

Similar to this but no Video: http://www.nevadachristmas.com/Megawreath.htm

RedBird - That wreath is going to be one heavy mama. I did one this year that didn't make it into the display. It's a wreath you buy in stores - 4 ft in diameter with a dual-ring frame a bit lighter than 1/4" round steel. Plenty sturdy I thought. I wound it with eight channels each of two colors - 16 sets of 50's total and the damn thing is heavy enough that it sags out of round when hung and is a bear to wrestle up a ladder. Admittedly I'm older and weaker than I once was, but you're looking at some serious weight with the size you're proposing.

Ken - simply amazing! How I envy you guys who can actually use the ground and the roof and know they'll be visible all season. And how nice it would be to lollygag around and take the time to get every string just so without incurring frostbite. Maybe someday...

George Simmons wrote:

Ken - simply amazing! How I envy you guys who can actually use the ground and the roof and know they'll be visible all season. And how nice it would be to lollygag around and take the time to get every string just so without incurring frostbite. Maybe someday...

Maybe you should move somewhere warmer:D.

Thanks for the compliment.

• The topic was locked