Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR music volume

saibot

Is there any way to bump up the audio level coming out of LOR? I've seen a couple of posts here regarding mp3s with low audio levels and then running a level equalizing application against them. That's not what I'm looking for though. If I take XYZ.mp3 and play it using iTunes or Windows Media Player or WinAmp or something like that, the level is perfect. But when I use the exact same mp3 on the same machine in LOR, it's about 70% quieter. I've checked all my windows mixer settings, everything seems to be in order. I've also seen some mention about Windows 7 having separate volume controls per app, but I'm running XP so that shouldn't be the case. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you!

The issue you are describing has to do with how LOR and WMP interact.. WMP remembers the last volume that a client application requested, so it always retains what LOR requested, so that changes made directly in WMP don't affect how it works for LOR from day to day..

The thing is, that since LOR never requests a volume change, it stays at the WMP 50% default...

I just go through and turn Zara radio down to 50% as well...

Thanks klb, that's what I was looking for. Not exactly the response I wanted, but it answered my question. I've actually been doing the lowering of volume on zara, I was just hoping I could send more level to my transmitter. Seems silly to bump gain only to gave it reduced. I had thought about putting a small mixer/amp between my laptop and my transmitter to get the desired level. But there too it just seems ridiculous to cut gain and then turn around and boost it.

Thanks everyone

I used an adapter i got from ace Hdware that plugs into the headphone jack of my laptop then to an input an amp speakers hook to amp output, have full control of volume.