Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX adaptor using PC as processor

razorchristmas

Hello, I was curious about a cheaper DMX adaptor that used the pc as the processor. Dan said it would come out and I was wondering when. I was hoping to use DIY RGB nodes for cost and flexibility but the iDMX has too few channels. I was curious if there are any more details on the adaptor, or if it's still in progress. Pricing helps as well. Also, details of artnet would be nice too.

On the topic of Cosmic color bulbs. Is there an approximate price point and release time?

Also i was wondering if there would be RGB tools in the software and release estimates.

I was hoping for pricing before the sale.
Thanks

Guest wbottomley

razrsword wrote:

Hello, I was curious about a cheaper DMX adaptor that used the pc as the processor. Dan said it would come out and I was wondering when. I was hoping to use DIY RGB nodes for cost and flexibility but the iDMX has too few channels. I was curious if there are any more details on the adaptor, or if it's still in progress. Pricing helps as well. Also, details of artnet would be nice too.

On the topic of Cosmic color bulbs. Is there an approximate price point and release time?

Also i was wondering if there would be RGB tools in the software and release estimates.

I was hoping for pricing before the sale.
Thanks

This thread covers everything you need to know: http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum81/25276-1.html

There have been a few products that Dan has been overly optimistic about release dates for.. Heck I think there is still one that was announced about a year and a half ago that is still not in the LOR store.. Examples of delayed products include S2, DIO-32, and I think there is at least one more out there...

So given that history, I prefer not to hear about things until they are somewhat real.. I'd hate to see people miss a year because they were counting on something that did not come out in time.