Light-O-Rama Forums

RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY!!

CLD Kevin

For those of us the live in Southern California….I’ve never seen it rain this much since El Nino!! My backyard is flooded and I had the breakout my water pump. I'm getting up every 2 hrs to turn it on. I haven’t been able to turn my lights on for 2 days because the GFI’s keep popping. With my lights now sitting in a lake what use to be my front yard…no wonder.

For those of us the live in Southern California, We should be having dryout Christmas..
My light are still on, GFI’s no popping so far as all my power feed from my sub- panel are above Ground!!!

Show is running great in the rain.

Bet you guys didn't know you could broadcast FM radio under water! We'll maybe not so good. With all this non-stop rain running down the antenna joints into my water proof box that is housing my FM transmitter

and it finally stopped working....

When I took it apart is was completely submerged! I thought, "I'm done!, shows over man!"

Tore the Ramsey 25 completelly apart and dried every component with a blow drier. Could see some minor arching on the back side of the board.

Show down for 4 hours last night... IT IS UP and Running again.

I will be going home at lunch to re-check its status......

For the past 2 nights I have had my lights off. The display runs fine in the rain but just wanted to be safe. Besides, we are getting more than a little rain and most of the streets are flooded. So I don't think to many people will be out looking at lights.

Steve

Steve Constantino wrote:

For the past 2 nights I have had my lights off. The display runs fine in the rain but just wanted to be safe. Besides, we are getting more than a little rain and most of the streets are flooded. So I don't think to many people will be out looking at lights.

Steve

When I come home the first thing I do is tune into the radio station to check it. When I didn't hear it, I quickly shut the show down.

While I was out in the dark (flash light work) pulling the transmitter I had multiple cars pull up asking if everything was alright and if the show was going to be working again tomorrow. I felt worse of all about the Limo tour that stopped.

Makes me feel good that I'm making people happy with my show and that I've become a goto even in this bad weather California seems to be getting.

It stop raining this morning for 5 minutes and the sun came out. Haven't seen her in 3 days :cool:

She was just teasing cause it started right up again and still going...but not as much today.

2 blocks over the streets are flooded up to the houses. Cars are underwater, and people are traveling by canoes and boats. haha

My lights haven't been on since this storm started. I'm trying to dry the plugs and get it back on tonight.

I really hope the rain stopped for good, although I kinda doubt it. Crazy weather.

Just got back from checking on my buddy house. He's was called up and somewhere over there (Afghanistan, Iraq, Turkey). He must of had a rain gutter clogged cause water got into the house and his drywall ceiling at the front door collapsed and water is everywhere. His going to crap when I tell him!