Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor confusion

Guest guest

Everything is starting to blur a bit. If I understand the instructions for making a "show", you can make several differrent animations to run either one after the other or all at the same time. But can you have music in the back ground that just plays while the animations are going off?

I have musical sequences but I want those to go off say every 20 minutes.

I guess what I am trying to accomplish is a "show" which starts with some random music and animations for a determined amount of time, go to the selected musical animations and then start from the beginning. Can I do this or should I start early on a long winters nap?:laughing:

CrazyRed wrote:

Everything is starting to blur a bit. If I understand the instructions for making a "show", you can make several differrent animations to run either one after the other or all at the same time. But can you have music in the back ground that just plays while the animations are going off?

I have musical sequences but I want those to go off say every 20 minutes.

I guess what I am trying to accomplish is a "show" which starts with some random music and animations for a determined amount of time, go to the selected musical animations and then start from the beginning. Can I do this or should I start early on a long winters nap?:laughing:

Sequences in the ANIMATION and MUSICAL types will play at the same time. (Right on top of each other.)

To accomplish what you want to do, you would need to build two seperate shows, and schedule them right next to each other.

The first show would contain your random music/animations. The second show would contain your selected musical sequences.

Once you create the two shows, simply schedule them back to back.

. . . a "show" which starts with some random music and animations for a determined amount of time, go to the selected musical animations and then start from the beginning.

I make extreme efforts to keep things simple for show season. (That might be an oxymoron) My goal is to have one list that plays both a static display with music (lights not synchronized with music playing in the background) and the full blown musical animations (synchronized lights and music).

To accomplish this, ALL songs are programmed as "Musical Animations" (lights and music). The file names for the first type are coded "S" for Static, all lights are on solid at 100% with music playing in the background, the second is coded "M" for Musical, synchronized lights and music.

Next in the file name is the minutes and seconds of the song, followed by the artist and song name.

Example:

S 01 43 Barry Manilow - Winter Wonderland.lms

M 04 01 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You.lms

This strange way of coding song names allow me to fit the individual songs and critical information into the "oh so small" Show Editor window. See photo below.

The order of each song can be easily manipulated during the Christmas (Show) season, if I decide I need more static display to allow time for people to disperse between synchronized shows. If I want more static display between animations, I just add a "S" file in the cue and vise versa.

The added advantage of going this route is that the entire show is in one place, under the musical tab in the show editor. I’m not looking here and there, then scratching my head when there is a problem during the Christmas season.

To take this one step further for the "S" (static) display, I have used Audacity and combined 2 or 3 songs into one song, allowing for quick fades between music.

My shows are names Show A - Regular Show S and M sequences, Show B - only M sequences and Show C - only S sequences.

Attached files 78549=4776-LOR Show Editor.jpg

Greg

I really like your system. It is simplistic and won't cause problems like cutting your musical sequences off in the middle becuase its 15 minutes are up, or vice versa cutting one of the songs in your static display in half cause.. its time for a musical sequence.

Props to you.