Light-O-Rama Forums

another led question

jasonbeaty

i checked at walmart today they have plenty of c9 led 50 lights (red) after christmas should be about $4 a box is this a good price or should i wait for the online sales .also is the quality of led lights at a box store the same as the online stores also when buying led lights what should i be looking for and what should i avoid thanks for all the input and one more thing are all red leds the same

jasonbeaty wrote:

i checked at walmart today they have plenty of c9 led 50 lights (red) after christmas should be about $4 a box is this a good price or should i wait for the online sales .also is the quality of led lights at a box store the same as the online stores also when buying led lights what should i be looking for and what should i avoid thanks for all the input and one more thing are all red leds the same

Just my opinions.

I buy my LED lights from CDI.

The quality of the lights from the retail stores are nowhere near the quality from an online vendor like CDI

Look for Full Wave Rectified (no flicker- hard to ever find at a retail store), sealed (no rust- once again- not a normal retail store item)

I dont think I'd mess with C9's. I think there actually dimmer than the C6. From what I've seen on presale prices so far, looks like the 70CT C6 will run between $7 - 9.50 per strand. Sealed, Bright, warranteed. Guess this will all depend on how much your wallet can handle. :cool: