Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing Playback problems

brownjm74

Well here's my issue: Just updated to 2.9.4 and working on some new sequences. When I try to play them it takes 3-4 sec before the "courser" moves along the sequence. Also when you hit "stop" the song just continues to play for an additional 5-8 sec. Also having this problem with the space bar (play/stop) except it won't stop at all when using the space bar.

Thanks,

Jeremy B.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips guys, but still doing the same thing. I never had this problem until I updated to 2.9.4 when I had 2.8.10 I had no problems.

Thanks,

Jeremy B.

• 1 month later...

I just started doing some sequencing myself for the year and noticed the same problem. I was on ver 2.8 and when I would hit the space bar the song kept playing for several seconds. I updated the software to 2.9.4 and the problem still exists. I tried all the fixes that were posted and nothing seemed to solve the issue. Oddly enough I did most of my sequencing on 2.8 on this same computer and never noticed the problem last fall.

I had that same issue occur when I got my current PC. I don't remember which LOR version I was using, but it wasn't related to the LOR software. Try changing the Windows settings for how sensitive your keyboard is. Specifically, increase the amount of time before a key repeats. What was happening with me is that my fingers apparently don't move as fast as the Microsoft techhies think they should (or else maybe I had some sticky stuff on the space bar but I don't really want to think about that) and sometimes the stubby old clumps would linger there just long enough to stop and then immediately restart the playback.

This is a strange one. I have the same combination at home windows 7 and LOR 2.9.4 and it works perfectly fine. I keep both computer updated. I have no idea what it might be.

The computer at work when I hit the space bar, the curser/black bar does stop immediatly in the LOR window, it is just the music that keeps playing for a few more seconds.

Its more of an annoyance than a problem.

I have been reluctant to upgrade from my version of 2.7.6 to a newer version. I upgraded before Thanksgiving to 2.8 and had problems with playback that I posted in another thread. http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/24209-1.html

I still am waiting to see if 2.9.x has resolved these issues or I may try a test run with it and see how it does. This appears to effect some with play back issues and not others. Not sure what the issue is or why effects only some.

I keep my notebook up to date on drivers and software and I do have a name brand notebook Dell. All of my music is mp3 at 128 bit rate. Not sure if the issue is not using WAV files or something else.

Toddmoon: Did you try taking one of the MP3 songs and converting it to a WAV file and then attach the WAV version to the sequence to see if it made any difference?

Another note is what happened last week to me. was showing someone one of my videos on Vimeo on a T1 line, it looked terrible, the sound was fine but the video was freezing and jerky, I thought it was my uploaded video was bad. Went to another computer on the same T1 line and also one of mine at home on a DSL line and the video was fine. So found out the video card on that computer just did not have the horsepower for the new technology software updates that we demand.

My wife had been using a Windows 98 computer for many years and it finally got to the point that many times she was getting error messages that not all information could be displayed because the computer and software was too old.

I believe that LOR 2.9.x makes use of some of the software enhancements coming out that are not used in earlier versions of S2, I do not remember where is was posted on what forum but it makes sense.

Would really like to know what your out come is in fixing your problem, keep us posted.

toddmoon wrote:

I have been reluctant to upgrade from my version of 2.7.6 to a newer version. I upgraded before Thanksgiving to 2.8 and had problems with playback that I posted in another thread. http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/24209-1.html

I still am waiting to see if 2.9.x has resolved these issues or I may try a test run with it and see how it does. This appears to effect some with play back issues and not others. Not sure what the issue is or why effects only some.

I keep my notebook up to date on drivers and software and I do have a name brand notebook Dell. All of my music is mp3 at 128 bit rate. Not sure if the issue is not using WAV files or something else.

I have not tried converting my MP3 files to WAV. At the time I was 2 days away from firing up my show and I did not have the time to chase issues or want to make changes to my show.

Now that it is time to decide what I am going to do for my 2011 show I need to figure out what version of software to use and make sure it will work when it is time to do my show.

Right now I am trying to figure out how many new channels I am going to need. I will also try a test run with my 2010 programming and see what happens using the same computer running 2.9.4.