Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing TSO's Pachebel Christmas Cannon

Guest guest

TSO's Pachebel Christmas Cannon

Has anybody ever tried this one? HOLY COW its a NIGHTMARE!

To the ear, the metre sounds steady throughout the whole song but don't be fooled! No cutting and pasting here! You literally have to program every channel for every bar of music! I can't figure this one out. Its a beautiful piece and I would love to use it in my display but MAN!

If anyone has sequenced this I would love to see your handiwork as well as any advice you may offer.

Oh well, back to the LOR Editor......Sheeze!

I think that, because its a slower song, this is better suited for slow fades between the various colors I have spread around the yard, rather than trying to match the beat/voices. So in that regard, sequencing this song is easier for me, because I can simply start the fades approximately on the major beat, but not worry too much about being precise. Plus, an added bonus is that I get to have a relaxing, pleasant animation in the middle of my show, breaking up the normally frantic, "blinky light show" :cool:

BTW, has anyone watched the video? Kind of interesting to see the kids up there actually singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL24H2lXTo4

I did it a few months ago. I love the song a LOT! Although i spent almost a month on it. I really enjoy the result and the whole process!

I have my halloween lights up at the moment and can't show you the song with the xmas light setting. I'll try to see if I can capture the animate of it.

I have it done for 32 channels.

I have the three sets of voices programmed separately throughout the song. It gives it a real nice effect.

On the computer it looks great. In a few more weeks I'll know how it looks for real after I set up for Christmas.

Hello,

It's neat that there are 2 different "Canon" versions that TSO created which I like this version better. If anyone has this song sequenced out, I would love to here from you and would be willing to share something I have in exchange. Please PM me if you are interested.

Thank you,

Tom

robogeek, I downloaded the sequence. But I noticed the song "Joy/Angels We Have Heard On High" matches the sequence. Either I've mistaken the song on the cd. Someone tell me what I'm looking at? After reading your post, you haven't posted yet. There's one on the site now, but wrong song, maybe?

Randy 9040 wrote:

robogeek, I downloaded the sequence. But I noticed the song "Joy/Angels We Have Heard On High" matches the sequence. Either I've mistaken the song on the cd. Someone tell me what I'm looking at? After reading your post, you haven't posted yet. There's one on the site now, but wrong song, maybe?

I double checked this, and the files are correct. Thanks for sharing all your hard work robogeek! :):):)